Who needs to extend summer by going to Spain.Now how far is Faro ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Who needs to extend summer by going to Spain.Now how far is Faro ?

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

When you can sit in conservatory in your hoody with a coffee listening to rain bounce off the roof .Looking on line on eBay at tyres nothing better .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Who needs to extend summer by going to Spain

Post by MrGrumpy »

Its ironic - I found this summer far too hot to actually do anything - even ride my Tmaxs - but now the wind is blowing trees and caravans around and the metoffice have severe weather warnings for every day, I'm feeling nostalgic for the hot summer!

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

So do I,bloody nice wesent it.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

We have had three winters in Spain, October to April, first two were ok but last one was quite wet, windy and had snow on Alicante beach! Plus you have long evenings as dark by 18.00 and soon cools off when sun goes down, lots of brits go on rallies, but not really our scene like to move around a bit, believe it or not it's getting hard to find places as over run with Dutch and Germans

Deleted User 7077

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:54 am Its ironic - I found this summer far too hot to actually do anything - even ride my Tmaxs - but now the wind is blowing trees and caravans around and the metoffice have severe weather warnings for every day, I'm feeling nostalgic for the hot summer!

Me and wife had 2 weeks in France was way too hot for me we got off Ferry in Portsmouth heading home and we both cheered at Newbury when got rain spots on the screen .

I only booked France in first place to get some chance of nice weather .Would have been better off in UK

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I do. Just booked 8 days in Spain going on the 23rd coming back on the 1Oct. Went to same hotel in June. Get away from all the Brexit arguing. No papers and no TV at all on holiday, don't care if the world comes to an end, as long as I can have a swim, and a drink and a good cigar I will be happy.

Deleted User 7077

Meldrew wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:43 am I was on a large family holiday in Mallorca earlier this year, and 'm currently into the first week of a two week Mediterranean cruise with Mrs M. We were in at Gibraltar yesterday, it's a sea day today and we've got the day in Villefranche tomorrow. Then it's on to a couple of Italian ports for Florence and Rome.

There's three Formal Evenings on this cruise where I have to wear a dinner suit, but I'm an old hand at this dressing up game now. The ladies enjoy getting their posh frocks on, and it's a small price to pay a very nice cabin, great food, evening entertainment, an unlimited drinks package, and free wifi.

It certainly beat slumming it in a small tent on a Euro campsite where there's no plugs in the sinks or basins, fellow campers seem incapable of taking a dump without pebble dashing the back of the toilet bowls with their shit, or leaving a ton of shredded toilet paper on the floor.

Wouldn't expect anything less Mr Meldrew I paid extra £20 each way on ferry to go to Belfast for the Stena plus Lounge free drinks and finger food.Only thing didn't like was having to walk through other normal lounge and use same toilet as them .Bridget looked after me all the way .

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

I'm with you julian when we go camping i allways pay extra for the super piches.
Keep you away from the chavs.
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

[quote=Meldrew

There's three Formal Evenings on this cruise where I have to wear a dinner suit, but I'm an old hand at this dressing up game now. The ladies enjoy getting their posh frocks on, and it's a small price to pay
[/quote]

The last time my wife put a posh frock on, was 20 years ago it was a long white one with a lovely veil.
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Deleted User 7077

The wife dresses up when she goes out with her sister Marilyn. Detached house Mercedes and room for pony

You may have to Google Keeping up Appearances to get that one .