insurance

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

insurance

Post by Snail »

hi its coming up to 2 years early October for our ownership of the sh, so insurance due, doing the rounds of comparison sites best quote is the post office? I wouldn't of thought of them? anyone used them?

currently with bennetts but gone up £10 + £10 arrangement fee? its on renewable direct debit so what fee, even paperwork is on line?

alternative is swinton ive used them before, but through go compare its cheaper

cheers snail

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Re: insurance

Post by Alanzzg »

I used Swinton and was very happy with their qote.
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

just done mine with adrian flux (bike sure).
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Snail wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm hi its coming up to 2 years early October for our ownership of the sh, so insurance due, doing the rounds of comparison sites best quote is the post office? I wouldn't of thought of them? anyone used them?
cheers snail
I put pizza bike on comparison and post office came up cheapest with sensible premiums so took it. No issues paperwork seems in order.

Bennets have just pulled my pants down over mid season change on Harley but I refuse to return to Carole Nash as they had me over even more few years back.

Heard mixed views of flux as in screwing a cancer sufferer over on auto renewal who to ill to realise to cancel so when well enough contacted them and cancelled policy but no refund.

I think they're all as big a thieving bunch of hand jobs as each other so take as you find.

I now go for cheapest option that covers the law under road traffic act but don't fall foul of undeclared upgrades if stopped.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Just insured by 2 Tmaxs, and I got a pretty good price from Bikesure, much better than the IAM brokers I've used for a long time. Bikesure / Adrian Flux proved slightly odd people to deal with though, demanding proof of NCB (haven't they access to the insurance database?) and asking complex questions about the immobiliser systems on both Tmaxs and who fitted them, and then not liking the answers, despite me saying that they are standard factory fitments.

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

morning, 2016 sh 300, some figures renewal with Bennetts £87.37 + £10. arrangement fee, actually zenith
go compare, shows post office at £77.57, Swinton at £80.89, other comparison sites show same companies but dearer premiums

cover is fully comp, pillion, garaged overnight, protected ncb, 9 years ncb, 90 days euro cover, squeaky clean licence, sole rider, 63 years old, in Gloucester,
tempted to go for swinton?

so how am I doing?
snail

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Not a Swinton fan...they are pretty incompetent, and next year's renewal quote will be £180 not £80. Not necessarily that much worse than all the others though!

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

It pays to shop around my car insurance is coming up,was with age uk,stuff them now.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

You really only know a premiums worth when it comes to claims time - I like to choose a policy with a decent underwriter - not some obscure one that I’ve never heard of

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Just swapped Vespa off and added burgman 400 to policy £32 Admin 250 days left on policy would have started new policy just for Burger if not so much time left .Vespa is on a Sorn anyway .