insurance

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: insurance

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Symcity wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:38 am You really only know a premiums worth when it comes to claims time - I like to choose a policy with a decent underwriter - not some obscure one that I’ve never heard of

Exactly I buy low value scoots do them 3rd party fire theft they would be written off for cost of few panels anyway .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:24 am
Symcity wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:38 am You really only know a premiums worth when it comes to claims time - I like to choose a policy with a decent underwriter - not some obscure one that I’ve never heard of

Exactly I buy low value scoots do them 3rd party fire theft they would be written off for cost of few panels anyway .
dunno where you live but here in the Bronx TPFT is dearer than fully comp

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Sunny Stourbridge

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Ok so lots of thoughts about companies, what about the figures do they seem reasonable?

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Snail wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 am Ok so lots of thoughts about companies, what about the figures do they seem reasonable?
I'll be happy if y=that's what I'm quoted but I only have 2 years NCD. I'm not a young rider like you though. :)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Snail wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 am Ok so lots of thoughts about companies, what about the figures do they seem reasonable?
They seem dirt cheap to me!!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

I always aim at £100 for annual bike insurance for smaller machine as 125cc are a high risk (by comparison to numbers stolen) so average I pay around £70.

Bigger machines I expect to pay around £200

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Very true,insurers for my car and bikes are in the capable hands of Peter James & Co. - all Comprehensive.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

£74 fully comprehensive. 2014 X Max 250. 64 year old , garaged, no commuting, Nottingham.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Snail it’s impossible to comment on price as your own circumstances are unique as are everyone else’s - insurance is all about risk - location of vehicle - type of vehicle - drivers experience etc etc etc - choose what’s best for you