insurance

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: insurance

Post by Snail »

Hi all, thanks for your opinions seems my quotes aren't too bad then,

do any of you have breakdown cover and if so is it with your insurance or a stand alone policy, and do they include punctures?
Thanks Brian

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

I'm covered by my nationwide flex account for breakdown (which originally didn't cover solos) but to my knowledge doesnt cover punctures (but I'm sure it would if your stranded)
I carry tyre foam (Poundland or whatever sell it) and insert plugs

As an aside I got recovered once as my chain came off and couldn't be found but technically wasn't a breakdown either

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'm an AA member as one policy covers anything you are riding / driving, so covers my car and both Tmaxs. You have to be very careful with breakdown policies that are included with other things as that they may not have the level of cover you want - some are only basic. My AA policy includes onward travel and service at home address (cos I'm a mechanical numpty). I think most policies do include punctures (ie they put a temporary get-you-home plug in) - the AA certainly do.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:37 am I'm covered by my nationwide flex account for breakdown (which originally didn't cover solos) but to my knowledge doesnt cover punctures (but I'm sure it
As an aside I got recovered once as my chain came off and couldn't be found but technically wasn't a breakdown either
Sounds a pretty crap policy! I've called the AA out to all sorts of minor disasters, some relating to my own stupidity, and they have normally helped. If you are stranded by the roadside, the policy ought to help, or why have it?

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

Been with GEM motoring assist for many years, policy covers self and wife in any vehicle and included bike, scooter, both cars and caravan when I had it. Consistently number 1 in major reviews

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Hi, cancelled my Honda insurance with Bennets, as now sold they sent my cancellation paperwork through with proof of NCB and a voucher code for £25 if I 're insure with them in next twelve months
So used it today and got the new scooter fully comp for £58.48 result!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Snail wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:06 pm So used it today and got the new scooter fully comp for £58.48 result!
Touch

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

richie the 1st wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:16 am It pays to shop around my car insurance is coming up,was with age uk,stuff them now.
Went with some one else £158 cheaper :lol:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.