X adv

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

X adv

Post by Symcity »

Sat on one yesterday in victor devines in Glasgow - certainly a tall bike - had that mad max feel to it - yup I think I liked it

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: X adv

Post by MrGrumpy »

Its certainly tall, though I found it just about manageable. Its a interesting thing, and there any many reasons to buy one (though I'd be more likely to go for an Integra), but I just didn't like the engine.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 am Its certainly tall, though I found it just about manageable. Its a interesting thing, and there any many reasons to buy one (though I'd be more likely to go for an Integra), but I just didn't like the engine.
I’m with you regards the integra sentiment - though bear in mind they both have similar engines

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:41 am
MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 am Its certainly tall, though I found it just about manageable. Its a interesting thing, and there any many reasons to buy one (though I'd be more likely to go for an Integra), but I just didn't like the engine.
I’m with you regards the integra sentiment - though bear in mind they both have similar engines
Yes, almost the same thing, except that that the Integra doesn't have the pseudo off-road bits like wire wheels I don't need, and the Integra has a 17" rear wheel, which, at least in theory, should give you a very wide choice of tyres to put on. I was looking for Tmax tyres (15") recently, and the dual purpose tyres that the X-ADV has seemed to be very expensive.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

It has to be said that an advantage of scooters is they keep you clean if not quite dry, with motorcycles they've done away with working Mudguards and now they have done it with some scooters, some owners were very surprised the amount of muck the X-adv kicked up on anything other than a totally dry ride.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Dave Weller wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:22 am , some owners were very surprised the amount of muck the X-adv kicked up on anything other than a totally dry ride.
And presumably those wire wheels are a pain in the **** to clean? I've never had wire wheels to clean, but they look a hassle to me!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

wire wheels are a complete ball ache to clean and checking tensions a drag.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Meldrew wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 pm
Scootypuff snr wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:59 am wire wheels are a complete ball ache to clean and checking tensions a drag.
That's your view, although it hasn't prevented riders from choosing the more off road orientated versions of popular adventure bikes like the Triumph Tiger, Honda Africa Twin, Suzuki V-Strom, and some BMW GS's. They all have chain drive and wire wheels.
Holiday over?
and some of them even ride off road as opposed to rocking up the nearest kerb to get a bacon sandwich

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

well after 3 weeks of owning one . i love my XADV .. it's not so much tall but wide. an there is a 30 mm lowering kit . which i don't think i'll bother with..the gears are smoother , but a little more spaced out in changing. but not by a lot ...comfort is the big one for me. so much beter than my NC750x.
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

phantom309 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:08 pm well after 3 weeks of owning one . i love my XADV .. it's not so much tall but wide.
I got caught a few times at the lights by the width