London Ultra Low Emission Zone

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kav
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Helix

Re: London Ultra Low Emission Zone

Post by kav »

I work wihin that area but now take the train most days. What used to be a 30min blast 15 years ago has now turned into a 50minute slog given cycle superhighway and anti terrorism measures. Still when i bought the silverwing made sure it was compliant so I have the option.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Sadly not confined to London. Paris is spreading and various French regions will have ULEZ zones but no worries I can pay €5 for a sticker to tell folk how dirty my diesel is (like that amount even multiplied nationally is going to do bugger all for people's health) just another BS stealth tax.

Talking to a guy here today owns a 1982 Datsun cherry (probably the only one not go have rotted away) and basically soon no more MOT for it as the EU just don't want old vehicles on the road.
Brucey bonus he let me drive it (one of the first 5 speed box versions) immaculate inside and still had the original bag for the screen & headlamp washers *anorak alert* I took lots of photos

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

kav wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:06 pm I work wihin that area but now take the train most days. What used to be a 30min blast 15 years ago has now turned into a 50minute slog given cycle superhighway and anti terrorism measures. Still when i bought the silverwing made sure it was compliant so I have the option.
Tell me about it. Lambeth Bridge closed, Rotherhithe Tunnel off limits to vans (meaning they bunged up all the other routes), cycle lanes on the Embankment, it goes on..

But there's still no better way to commute then on a scoot.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 pm Sadly not confined to London. Paris is spreading and various French regions will have ULEZ zones but no worries I can pay €5 for a sticker to tell folk how dirty my diesel is (like that amount even multiplied nationally is going to do bugger all for people's health) just another BS stealth tax.

Talking to a guy here today owns a 1982 Datsun cherry (probably the only one not go have rotted away) and basically soon no more MOT for it as the EU just don't want old vehicles on the road.
Brucey bonus he let me drive it (one of the first 5 speed box versions) immaculate inside and still had the original bag for the screen & headlamp washers *anorak alert* I took lots of photos
Aren't those Datsuns like zombies? The body rots but the brain (engine) just keeps on and absolutely will not stop (sorry, got a bit Terminator there).

Can't remember when I last saw one.

Someone in the village has a Granada Ghia coupe. That old Essex V6 sounds nice....

Oh yes, and the Jaguar E-Type club are driving south from Chelmsford on Sunday as part of a charity thing. They reckon there'll be 200 of'em!

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Having one in Birmingham next few years .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

StephenC wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:09 pm
kav wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:06 pm I work wihin that area but now take the train most days. What used to be a 30min blast 15 years ago has now turned into a 50minute slog given cycle superhighway and anti terrorism measures. Still when i bought the silverwing made sure it was compliant so I have the option.
Tell me about it. Lambeth Bridge closed, Rotherhithe Tunnel off limits to vans (meaning they bunged up all the other routes), cycle lanes on the Embankment, it goes on..

But there's still no better way to commute then on a scoot.
Apparently Bank you can't travel North to South unless cycle or bus.
Told it makes £2.000.000 per month in fines

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Yep bank closed off. It's very quiet when I was there yesterday.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Bern

Post by Bern »

Bloody hell, Londinium has changed a bit since the mid 70's, back then we used the many traffic lights in Oxford Street to practice drag racing :twisted: The throttle jammed open .... honest hoccifer :mrgreen:

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

StephenC wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 pm
Scootypuff snr wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 pm Sadly not confined to London. Paris is spreading and various French regions will have ULEZ zones but no worries I can pay €5 for a sticker to tell folk how dirty my diesel is (like that amount even multiplied nationally is going to do bugger all for people's health) just another BS stealth tax.

Aren't those Datsuns like zombies? The body rots but the brain (engine) just keeps on and absolutely will not stop (sorry, got a bit Terminator there).

Can't remember when I last saw one.

Someone in the village has a Granada Ghia coupe. That old Essex V6 sounds nice....

Oh yes, and the Jaguar E-Type club are driving south from Chelmsford on Sunday as part of a charity thing. They reckon there'll be 200 of'em!
Saw 4 of them in my local town down kent way.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

8-) 18 E Types set out from near Chelmsford this morning at about 9am, heading for Hastings. Spoke to one of the owners, who had a S1 coupe. Nice people, lovely car.