What's my GTS worth?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Gav
Current Ride: 2005 Gilera Nexus

Re: What's my GTS worth?

Post by Gav »

me too
icon_power-ranger.gif

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Smeg, glad you’re ok, just take it easy..... keep your GTS! - its a bike you know and can trust, which may not apply to a replacement possibly causing more anxiety that you don’t need.

Oh look, Here’s another Day - make it a good one!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I think I'll hang on to the Vespa. It's not going to lose much if anything over the winter and I don't need the money so I'll try to keep it looking fine and review the situation as and when. Thanks for everyone's comments.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Good move

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

smeghead wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:18 am I think I'll hang on to the Vespa. It's not going to lose much if anything over the winter and I don't need the money so I'll try to keep it looking fine and review the situation as and when. Thanks for everyone's comments.
brilliant news and just concentrate on getting well, adjusting to a slightly less ",rushed" lifestyle

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

smeghead wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:18 am I think I'll hang on to the Vespa. It's not going to lose much if anything over the winter and I don't need the money so I'll try to keep it looking fine and review the situation as and when. Thanks for everyone's comments.
Smart move :)

bn1966
Current Ride: Vespa GTV 300 SG

Post by bn1966 »

Nice one Sir :-)

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Smeghead, very sorry to hear about your heart situation. Join the club! I'm fully over mine and don't even have to take pills now because mine was caused by an infection which attacked my heart. It's frightening when it happens though and it does knock your confidence as you've found out. However, it's highly likely that if you take you pills and do as the doctor says, you'll be absolutely fine for years and years to come. So don't worry. Just exercise regularly (makes a huge difference) and make sure not to miss ANY of your rehab appointments with the physios. They know what they are doing. Many of my friends have found themselves in your situation but are in fact completely fine several years on.

Regarding the bike, I'd say around the £2500-2750 mark if it's in excellent condition. It does vary quite a bit though. Currently, my local dealer is selling brand new models for £3995 I think, and at the same time, used two year old bikes are selling for £3250-£3500!! On the whole, Vespa's do hold their value quite well. Let us know how you get on health wise and of course selling the bike. Good luck mate!

Edit: just noticed you are going to keep the bike over winter. Great! I think that's the right move Smeg. You'd probably regret selling it just now. Good on yer!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I've decided to sell again. We buy any bike have offered £2050 I'm tempted as it's shifted without hassle. I can always buy another.........

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

smeghead wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:43 am I've decided to sell again. We buy any bike have offered £2050 I'm tempted as it's shifted without hassle. I can always buy another.........
Getting some images posted on this site would perhaps help - generally when “we buy any bike” actually view the bike they often offer much less than originally quoted