New Peugeot Metro

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: New Peugeot Metro

Post by MrGrumpy »

Jimish wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:30 am They didn’t introduce ABS & TCS until the 2018 model so it hasn’t got those thank goodness.
It hasn’t got a key unfortunately. It’s keyless.
Well, ABS is well worth having and TCS probably is (never noticed it working on the Tmax yet) and they are pretty established tech these days. I'm not so sure about the Keyless ignition systems though!
I'm always searching for the Off button on my old Tmax and searching for a key slot on the 2017 model!!!

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

If mine wasn't keyless I might not keep leaving the key in the topbox!

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Jimish wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:42 am Well, I couldn’t wait for the BMW c400x, impatient sod that I am!
So I’ve ordered a 2017 Peugeot Metropolis from 3X motorcycles. New and unregistered. Went to see it the other day and that was it! Had to have it. It’s got the 13” wheels, no abs, no traction control thank goodness. Too many electronic gubbins on bikes for my liking these days.
Can’t wait. Should be here in a couple of weeks!
Is it Euro 4 approved?

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

rayb wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 pm If mine wasn't keyless I might not keep leaving the key in the topbox!
but at least you can find the fecker :shock:

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Jimo wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:25 pm
Jimish wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:42 am Well, I couldn’t wait for the BMW c400x, impatient sod that I am!
So I’ve ordered a 2017 Peugeot Metropolis from 3X motorcycles. New and unregistered. Went to see it the other day and that was it! Had to have it. It’s got the 13” wheels, no abs, no traction control thank goodness. Too many electronic gubbins on bikes for my liking these days.
Can’t wait. Should be here in a couple of weeks!
Is it Euro 4 approved?

Jim
2018 model is. Peugeot are planning a big comeback and the Satellis 400 is a worthy consideration at 5K

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:23 pm
rayb wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 pm If mine wasn't keyless I might not keep leaving the key in the topbox!
but at least you can find the fecker :shock:
I've just ordered a bungey cord chain

Jimish
Current Ride: Honda NC750X+ Peugeot Metropol

Post by Jimish »

My keyless key will be staying on a chain attached to my belt.

I’ve had loads of bikes with ABS and all I remember is the hassle the BMWs gave me. 2 1150 GSs I just stripped it out and rode without it. The only one I trust and like is my present NC750X but there have been times when I wished I could turn it off.
TCS is an unnecessary nonsense. We soon won’t need a brain to ride bikes. One of my mates dumped his C650 scoot when the TCS kicked in at slow speed. He’s turned it off since.
Some days you’re the lamppost. Some days you’re the dog. icon_shit.gif

Jimish
Current Ride: Honda NC750X+ Peugeot Metropol

Post by Jimish »

[/quote]

Is it Euro 4 approved?

Jim
[/quote]

Don’t know about that but it doesn’t matter to me anyway.
The only other thing I would wish for is bigger wheels coz of the pot holes around these Devon roads.
Some days you’re the lamppost. Some days you’re the dog. icon_shit.gif

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Peugeot latest 125 offering. As previously stated looks like they are making a come back.

Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Like the look.of the 125 (these scroll menus like keyless seem to be all the rage) despite the tunnel a flat floor area with what appears to be a curry hook above brilliant design