Zapp i300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: Zapp i300

Post by rayb »

The salesman's bullshit has improved so it isn't an issue.

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

A while back, batteries were said to last only a given number of charging cycles
My little electric car is 6 1/2 years old and the battery seems to be as good as when I first got it.
I bought it with 351 miles on the clock and it has now just clocked up 24,000 miles :)
A lot of people think that when the battery does eventually expire that the complete battery will need replacing.
But most electric car batteries consist of lots of smaller cells that make up the total capacity.
So when they do have a fault just the faulty cell can be replaced.
I can see a lot companies setting up in the future that will service batteries when they develop faults once electric cars become mainstream :)

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

yes of course the battery will require maintenance and probably some cell replacements? been doing it with fork lift trucks for donkeys years, but of course probably a lot easier on a truck

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yeah, but as I understand it, the individual cells are like AA size batteries and there are 100s, or maybe 1000s of them! And on some cars at least, tend to be carried low down under the floor to help weight distribution (does this vary from car to car?). So it seems like even finding any duff cells would be a major nightmare!!!

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

There is a bit on the news saying the Uk government is going to cut the lecy vehicle cash back by about 25% don’t know when it’s supposed to happen. I can see company’s setting up to replace or even sell improved battery packs as more l lecy cars get on the road and battery packs start to fail out of warranty
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

Should be a great town bike especially with the simplicity of the charging and it should be great fun to ride.
I think they should have priced it shy of the £5000 mark though.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Love the performance and that the batteries can be removed for offline charging (and security?). Even the price is ok really, being around the same as a 300c scooter is now.

EDIT: according to Scooterlab the government subsidy of 20% off up to £1500 will be on top of the quoted price. That makes it £3700 and no fuel or road tax. Hmm.....

But... the range is pitiful and the restricted top speed of 60mph is too low for my commute. :cry:

Luckily I still have just over a year and half on the my Xmax contract so that gives them time to build a machine for my particular needs. :D

To be honest if the range were 100 miles instead of 60 I would be seriously interested and wondering how to finish my Xmax contract early.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

I looked with interest...
60 mph top speed woukd be OK for me... The SH does about 55...
How can the compare it to a 300cc scoot though surely that woukd need to be about 80?
As for therange its 60klm 37 miles not 60 miles.. That would get me to work, and most of the way home?
Is it 37 miles at 60mph?
Does it go for longer st sloer speeds...
What about stop star commute? Gonna kill the range...
Would love 2 days or a weeks borrow...
Price less the grant is 125 money...
Mmmmm