advice on GTS super pls

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Re: advice on GTS super pls

Post by Scootles »

I'm not up on Vespa prices now, so I agree with the advice to look on Biketrader. That'll show you what prices are like and how this one compares. I'm also dubious about the £35 panel piece. The exhaust is a bit of a mess for a 2016 bike, as is the alloy casing of the water pump behind it - living outdoors? Not a lot of care been given to the bike and 6000 miles of hard commuting?
Without standing next to the bike I can't really tell, but I would be careful.
You'll be keen to get a bike, but a couple of weeks searching could avoid disappointment.
Good luck.

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

PS - put Vespa dealer London (if thats where you are) into Google. Visit - you might find an older bike that's in good nick with a warranty.

For example ...
https://www.scooterworld.co.uk

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Hi Tesh, it's me...Ian.

I sent you a reply by text in case you haven't seen it. As I mention in my text, I'm suspicious of the fact it:s had a new lockset. It could mean someone tried to steal it, or did in fact manage to do that. They are great bikes and everyone wants one!! Hpi it for sure.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

tesh.c

Post by tesh.c »

Thanks guys really great points and advice!
Appreciate it

tesh.c

Post by tesh.c »

Agree with all the comments
The bike is stored outside so has been weathered in some areas
And if I was to go with it maybe I could get it cleaned up with a bit of work at a local dealer...
I have been looking on auto trader for bikes is bike trader a different site ? Does anyone have the link?

But also looking at price they seem to be at £2700 up wards more around 3 plus for the age 2015 reg
If I made a cheeky offer at 2 and got it for 2100 I think it would be a good price....
What do you guys think?

tesh.c

Post by tesh.c »

Symcity wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:00 pm Personally I think that the scooter looks rather tired and weathered - looks as though it is stored outside and as a consequence it’s starting to deteriorate - it sports no extras like a Vespa flyscreen or rear luggage rack - at £2500 I definitely think you could find something more attractive - there are a few private sale Vespa 125s currently on sale in the London area on biketrader - one having covered only 683 miles in nearly prestine condition for £1800
Hi simcity do you have the link to this bike?

Bern

Post by Bern »

Are you near Croydon bud ? This might suit you .......... https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 125&page=1

tesh.c

Post by tesh.c »

Bern wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:06 pm Are you near Croydon bud ? This might suit you .......... https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 125&page=1
I’m in SW London and saw this bike a few weeks ago my concerns were:
Miles
Age of bike
No abs
Not sure if I should be worried about these things

Cost wise it’s good and I like the idea of buying from a dealer from a safer buy perspective

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

tesh.c wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:35 pm Hi simcity do you have the link to this bike?
Here’s the link for the green Vespa 🛵
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... GIO&page=1
Although this scooter has some cosmetic damage it’s still a good deal at the price being asked - you could maybe ask the owner to reduce the price by say £100 in view of the damage - any decent car bodyshop should be able to rectify the damage for a reasonable sum - it would appear that the scooter was pre registered in 2015 by a dealer then sold on to the present owner - I would have no qualms whatsoever buying privately as sometimes a dealer warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on - I also notice that the owner is now throwing in a Tucano Urbano skirt and monster lock and it’s got full service history - go for it tesh

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:11 am I'd go for Honda sh 125 instead .Less of a magnet for thieves and less rusting
For that money you could get a Honda sh 125 mode. :idea:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.