Cheaper bikes for EU but not UK

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: Cheaper bikes for EU but not UK

Post by rtfm »

It's funny how the only arguments being thrown about are financial ones with the main argument of remainers revolving around we'll be poor outside of the EU.

From mine and many others point of view the point of Brexit is not financial gain but freedom from the EU. I don't really care if I take a financial hit (and no I'm not rich) but I do care about my government being in control of the laws of my country and taking regulatory power back.

Oh and I did my bit for the Brexit economy by buying a bike last year :-p

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Is there a UK bike made here now, triumph are in part at least.

I suppose its not the place to bang on about it here, other than its going to imapct on the bike scene price wise, and disposeable income wise to fund and enjoy the hobby.

But you do have to wonder about the many pro brexit wealthy who are moving much of thier cash etc out of the UK.( much in to the EU !!! ) and they are.

Instead of spending 2 years doing less than nothing, we could of been upping our own food production and really going for it and pushing things etc etc, would of been a good idea. A nationwide possitive push and efort if you will, would of made far more sense when there was a real hope and will. A big all going for it campaign.

So people would come to us, not we go begging to them if you will.

The UK could lead the world in so many innovative areas if it got a grip.

Bern

Post by Bern »

XP500FUN wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 pm
I suppose its not the place to bang on about it here

Is that a promise bud

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Sold my r1200rt to a polish guy on eBay.
He came and collected it in a large van where 5 other bikes were stowed.
He travels to uk once a month, buys six or seven bikes then ships them home. Makes a living that way!

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Well the £1s down a decent amount against the zloty so its a much better margin for him at present, shame the bikes are leaving though.

My Cousin sold his bike to a Polish dealer chap from Manchester way but he was selling on here.

Best Mark.