Hybrid Burgman

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootypuff snr

Hybrid Burgman

Post by Scootypuff snr »

OK so IMHO suzuki are neglecting their bike development favouring the car side of the auto motive industry.

Having been car looking myself in the last week i wonder if this could adapt to a burgman 650 (due to size)

Spoke to a friend whose just done 2500 miles in an ignis hybrid and according to the computer(??!!) it saved 400 miles worth of fuel.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Hybrid Burgman

Post by MrGrumpy »

My impression was that the Suzuki car hybrid system was a 'mild' hybrid, who's main function was to boost performance rather than save fuel, so I'm puzzled why it should save lots of fuel. Hasten to add I've never driven one and have only read about it on car mag websites.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

No, no, no, no, no. ;)

400 miles is almost a six, 16%, of 2500 miles; that mild hybrid only adds 2+bhp extra go and cuts in during acceleration in the correct gears, that's a lot of petrol and dosh saved. I don't believe it

I bought my hybrid allgrip Ignis last year, new and ignored the computer's optimistic numbers rather quickly, mine were more wild than those above. The idling time logged was too huge and showed silly mpg saved. The car's average mpg is more believable though --- I think :roll:

Nice looking car though and happy with it, goes very well on loose ground and snow.

Tim

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:23 pm No, no, no, no, no. ;)
I don't believe it
Nice looking car though and happy with it, goes very well on loose ground and snow.
Tim
Wasn't convinced myself but to date Suzuku havent found to be lying feckers like VW so I find them more credible

Tim what mpg do you get please I am considering the ignis but we holding out for the new Jimny (Having owned 2 previously) but it appears demand will outstrip supply for a year at least.

But back to my point I can't see any reason this wouldn't work on a Burgman

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:45 am

But back to my point I can't see any reason this wouldn't work on a Burgman
No, assuming you can find room for the extra battery. There again, whilst some temporary extra power might be useful to accelerate a relatively heavy car, this is perhaps less essential on a two wheeler that have pretty good power to weight ratios anyway (even the Burger 650!)

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Scooty, the car's done 5700 miles since new in Feb '17, I'd guess 90% city miles, pleasure not commuting......... computer says.....50.7 mpg average.

I wanted a Jimny but the outgoing model felt like sitting on a small jelly whilst balancing on top of a large jelly during our test drive. Then the Gangsta-from-the-side - Granny-at-the-back Ignis popped up. :roll:

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

I was certainly hoping that I would move to a hybrid car within the next two years but now that the government subsidy has been removed I probably won't be able to afford to. Hybrids make very good sense to me in terms of reducing emissions in built up areas while still providing motorway speed and range but it seems that logic means nothing to government. I'm also not averse to an all electric scooter in two or three years time but I haven't seen any that can deliver range, speed, and underseat storage capacity yet.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...