Heated visor

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rossm
Current Ride: SH300-R1-Z1000

Heated visor

Post by rossm »

With the winter coming in and being one of these four eyed blokes, I really don't get on with pinlocks and the like.

So found that for one of my lids there is a heated visor for it, so have bought a 12v powerpack to power it and the visor has just rolled up, shall see about getting the two connected this evening

Imageimage hosting
Yamaha R1, Kawasaki Z1000, Honda SH300i

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Heated visor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Let us know how you get on...I've always thought that if conditions were so bad that a heated visor was needed, it probably would be too bad to ride a bike or scoot anyway! There again, it might have been useful last winter when I got caught in a heavy snow shower, and the soft claggy snow stuck to the visor. Don't see your problems with Pinlocks - fit and forget and problem solved! The problem I have is that while the visor stays clear my glasses steam up.

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

One great advantage of a recent cataract op'n is that I now don't need specs for long distance vision and riding - only for reading. Like Mr G I had no problem with visor misting up, but sometimes big problem with spec's. Which reminds me my Pinlock visor is a bit scruffy now. I normally replace visor and or pinlock as winter comes on, when streetlights and headlamps start to create sparklies in the fine scratches which inevitably build up. Be interesting to hear how your visor comes along.

barker
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera nexus

Post by barker »

have you got a link as to buying one

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Yep pin lock great, glasses not.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

rossm
Current Ride: SH300-R1-Z1000

Post by rossm »

barker wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 am have you got a link as to buying one
Yip, German site, plenty listed on the American sites if you go hunting, might be cheaper postage to Oz from there?

https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/helmet-visors-hjc-fg-15
Yamaha R1, Kawasaki Z1000, Honda SH300i

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

Bugger,just bought a new Shoei,agree regarding Pinlocks.I don’t wear glasses at mo but may have to for driving and one of these would be great

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:04 am Let us know how you get on...I've always thought that if conditions were so bad that a heated visor was needed, it probably would be too bad to ride a bike or scoot anyway!
It was a perfectly good day to ride here today, but cold enough to steam up my visor. So possibly more useful that you might have initially thought.

Please do keep us posted as to how it goes!

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

seems a good idea let me know how well it works once fitted :)
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Don't usually have visor issues...
but defo glasses steaming up...
there used to be a bloke at the NEC and other bike type shows with some sort of 'magic wax crayon' used to fix the problem
didn't wear glasses then!
will have to do a google!