How camp are you ? Show us your tackle

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

How camp are you ? Show us your tackle

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Now got burger 400 planning camping trip to Spain early next year if all goes well with my health and the Burger 400 .Collecting extra compact camping gear at moment .

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Re: How camp are you ?

Post by Alanzzg »

I like your hair cut and t shirt. thumb.gif
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Deleted User 7077

Alanzzg wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:01 am I like your hair cut and t shirt. thumb.gif

Thanks its my favorite one .

Deleted User 7077

Just ordered a Basha tarp with poles Lyn brought one when we camped near Verdon gorge .I loved it we all sat under and cooked under it .Will use as covered tent extension or quick lean to shelter keep sun off

Deleted User 4154

Re: How camp are you ? Show us your tackle

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

I bought one of those after seeing Lyn's! Used it as a porch on the front of my Vango Alpha 200 - the tent I had in Marl - on the rainathon that was Normandy in 2016, and slept out in it on a couple of C90 dos, aided by my British army Goretex bivi. That's a great bit of kit in itself; I kipped under the stars one of the nights we were on Shell Island - warm as toast. Great value compared to the commercially available versions - when I was looking they were £20ish used, mine was an unissued one for £40 posted.

Deleted User 7077

Did he put it up in Marl vague memory of sitting with Eric from German Tmax group under it .I've seen a few US biker bushcrafters tie to bike and form a lean to for quick overnight stop .I'd like a bivvy bag not sure I'd fit in tho .

Deleted User 7077

Dutch army hooped bivi is supposed to be good .

Deleted User 7077

This is my tour tent but mines bright orange there's a square piece goes in middle stop rain coming in

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

HBMT, that looks ok what is the hydrostatic head and weight of it? We have had a few Khyams in the past very similar,

Although we have plenty of kit it's not suitable for scoot camping too heavy, of course we will be two up! So kit has to be light!

Been looking at a Vango 300 tunnel tent with porch area, 5000 static head and 5 kilos, £160 on eBay

Very basic cooking kit hex type stove for burning solid fuel tablets, which i made from a bit of stainless sheet, trangia burner to stand on it, kettle, frypan, saucepan both in hard anodized finish.

Hopefully keep it simple, pattiserie for breakfast, baguette for lunch, meal out for evening or disposable bbq sizzle on campsite? Could even buy a small cheap bbq and charcoal when there and dump it on leaving?

Also found on eBay are aluminium chairs and tables made by Trekology, very lightweight, but unsure if really needed, we have 2 lightweight stools from go outdoors

Biggest problem for us is bedding storage and what mats etc to use? Sleeping on the floor and old age don't gel quite so well now!

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

The first thing i pack,
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,