The Legend is back

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Re: The Legend is back

Post by marval »

Must be aimed at the leisure/nostalgia market, at that money. No savvy commuter could possibly tempted from magnificent PCX.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

riders in the storm wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:12 am When Honda announced it was coming I assumed it would be priced less than the SH125, less even than the PCX125, it looks a lot cheaper to make, I was expecting a price around £2400, which is where it seems to fit in their 125 scooter range. I was going to buy one to go on a rack behind the motorhome, it would be ideal given its super lightweight.......

But at £3695 they are simply taking the p**s.
exactly. (£3.400) The peoples cub is now another retro machine, weather its bought as a work horse or a nostalgia bike is another question which only sales figures will tell after a year. Personally i'd rather have a new SH 125, which comes with the luxury of a pillion seat and top box as standard.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

exactly. (£3.400) The peoples cub is now another retro machine, weather its bought as a work horse or a nostalgia bike is another question which only sales figures will tell after a year. Personally i'd rather have a new SH 125, which comes with the luxury of a pillion seat and top box as standard.
[/quote]

Ah yes sorry. Although the Super Cub 125 on the UK Honda website shows it without the rear rack that many other "international" pictures seem to show it with, so presumably in the UK you have to pay extra for a rack. Even without that it is dearer than an SH125 with rack & topbox (and a PCX125). I cannot see anything about it that justifies it costing more......

If it's the retro factor then Yamaha quickly need to do a fizzy replica, what could they ask for that....?... :x
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Definately priced NOT TO SELL! I had been contemplating making room for one - but Narrrr.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

a review from mr Fish

Bern

Post by Bern »

horobags wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:02 pm a review from mr Fish
"It's not an expensive bike" ............. ferkin is in my book mate

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

What a rip off. Whilst not quite the same an new (though discontinued) SYM symba can be had for £1500ish depending on dealer.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I brought an Innova 125 (3700 miles and mint) last week at £1500 with a rack and Honda top box. I was going to get a new C125 but I enjoy doing my own servicing so buying a second hand bike saves me some service costs and time hanging around the dealers.
Mark, the big London dealer said they had very little interest in the bike so far, which was strange as the Monkey Bikes (40) have already sold well.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

Dave Weller wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:59 pm I brought an Innova 125 (3700 miles and mint) last week at £1500 with a rack and Honda top box. I was going to get a new C125 but I enjoy doing my own servicing so buying a second hand bike saves me some service costs and time hanging around the dealers.
Mark, the big London dealer said they had very little interest in the bike so far, which was strange as the Monkey Bikes (40) have already sold well.
I must admit Dave, although I'm a a lover of stepthrough's the Monkey has a low seat so as easy to mount, and at a similar price to the c125, it does look a lot more fun to own.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Well I love it. I was impressed when I saw it at the NEC last year. I was excited when they eventually decided to bring it in.

I intended to buy one. The price was actually cheaper than I predicted it would be. 8-)

However the last 4 months have drained my resources somewhat, so I won't be buying one. :(

Well, not just yet anyway. ;)