Honda X-ADV

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
defscoot
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Honda X-ADV

Post by defscoot »

Anyone got one of these?

Just wondering how good they are.

It appears to bridge the gap between maxi scooter and bike in the sense that it's auto, has foot-boards, storage but with a bike chassis, proper swing arm and suspension like a bike. Also, with its "off road" capabilities (however, I realise it will be limited) it seems like a good all rounder.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Re: Honda X-ADV

Post by XP500FUN »

Hows the Burgman 650 doing, are you thnking of graduating to an ADV ?

Best Mark.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Somewhere on here will be a little write up I did after I had a test ride. I quite liked it, but didn't like the engine very much. Its a bit like a cross between a maxi, an offroad bike with a Harley engine!!! It is apparently quite good off road - not that I tried.
Your description that its like a combo of bike and scoot applies equally to the Tmax, BMW 650s, Burger 650, Kymco AK550, all of which have a 'bike like' chassis with chassis mounted engine, proper swing arm and bike like suspension.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Yep...i’ve got myself one of them ADV’s....got it March this year,i am happy with it,done about 4000 miles,i chopped it in for my 650 Burger,clearly higher than said Burger,but i cope ok with it,underseat storage aint great,i like the DCT gear box,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

i got one it's awesome.. love the DCT , put into 'D' mode an leave it there :shock: . i don't even bother with the sports modes.. good MPG i'm getting AV 70 mpg , an that's riding it in a spirited way . really comfy , height not a huge problem . i'm 5'9 , it is a bit wide but i'm almost flat foot . against a 650 burger ? service cost will be cheaper with the honda. but i also love the burger 650. i was gutted when mine got wrote off .just on plastics .
the XADV is a great scooter/bike thingy . ok storage you need a box. but there are some good deals on amazon . i got a
KAPPA KGR52 Garda Monokey Top-Case box delivered from italy. those are now £153.56 delivered. i did opt for the honda rack. as it looks nicer .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Took one for a test ride last week...liked the updated Dct way better than on my nc750x but was on tip toes! I'm 5ft7 and the flootboards we're simply too narrow and uncomfortable compared to a burgman....Awesome breaks mind but way too firm seat! Mixed feelings I had hoped to buy but unsure now...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

charles1976 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:27 am Took one for a test ride last week...liked the updated Dct way better than on my nc750x but was on tip toes! I'm 5ft7 and the flootboards we're simply too narrow and uncomfortable compared to a burgman....Awesome breaks mind but way too firm seat! Mixed feelings I had hoped to buy but unsure now...
Im 5'8, ans me NC750s suits me fine.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

2017 x adv with 3100 currently on biketrader £6500 - one lady owner - sounds like a good deal

defscoot

Post by defscoot »

Thanks for all the replies folks!

So I'm still enjoying the Burgman but next year I plan to do some road trips. Possibly heading to Scotland with some other bikers who have adventure style bikes and they do a bit of green laning/single track roads etc. So it would be good if I could go off road a bit (I say off road, not really, but you know what I mean).

After looking at the x-adv, it looked like a bike that would accommodate all my needs/wants in one bike.

There is one at my local dealer so might get a test ride soon.

R1K SU

Post by R1K SU »

Honda still do the 750 Integra scooter, less aggressive styling and probably a little lower (and cheaper)
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS