HELIX For Christmas

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

HELIX For Christmas

Post by Jimo »

The Helix was the first Maxi-scoot available in the UK when I first bought mine in 1990, quick enough at 70mph and comfortable into the bargain wih its 26” low seat height and fuel economy around 65-70mpg, finding such wonderful bikes, especially here in UK seems to be quite difficult as those lucky folk that have them are mostly loathe to part with them but strangely in several European countries they are very popular - and even available for sale from countries like Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Belgium where some very tidy examples can be found at reasonable prices. http://www.theparking-motorcycle.eu/use ... n-250.html

Spares for these long-lived scoots are not too difficult to obtain from companies like www.davidsilverspares.co.uk, cmnsl and not least the ubiqitious e-bay services. A good running Helix will last for many thousands of miles, a few examples have been shown having 70,000 odd miles and still running well. Christmas is near and provides a good opportunity to purchase one of these wonderful scoots at a reasonable price. There are on-line bike transportation companies some of who can assist with handling payment as well as transportation details.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 7077

Re: HELIX For Christmas

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

My 2 are for sale if anyone wants winter project ;) ;)
I've lost that loving feeling as they sang on Top Gun

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

HBMT, A few photos together with a bit of descriptive info could be useful.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 7077

Will do when can get them out my shack is bit full at moment and they are right at the back .I've not got them advertised anywhere yet .

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Do you deliver to Poole? :lol:
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Deleted User 7077

No probs ;) ;)