VESPA - Good looking RR - Rusty Retro

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 4154

Re: VESPA - Good looking RR - Rusty Retro

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:11 pm I'm under orders to have a clear out wife wants to get from back of house to front with out coming through the house .
Good luck with that :lol:

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Need to part with whats left of the 1990 pan European I crashed in 2004 as well .

Deleted User 4154

Has been maxi tours wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:29 pm Need to part with whats left of the 1990 pan European I crashed in 2004 as well .
I thought you'd have flogged that to the chap who bought the purple one? If the swingarm and shaft are intact it's surely worth a few £££?

Deleted User 7077

I sold the 1996 one to a breaker got it running it would never have been worth much even with mot with 168 k on clock .When I couldnt push it up drive without help realised my big bike days were over . Already sold good bits off it off 1990 one that's half the problem not rolling chassis now .

Bern

Post by Bern »

Been having a 'slow day' Jaz ??????????? way to go never seen that many quotes in a single post before bud tumbleweed.gif icon_lol5.gif popcorn.gif

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Jaz wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm
Data wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:48 pm I've not owned a Helix but I've stripped a Helix engine completely and rebuilt it with many new parts. Virtually a brand new engine by the time I'd finished. Never saw the owner again afterwards. Nice bikes though from what I know of them. Rode a Jailing CN250 clone and boy, that was real good. The importers were based in Ipswich at the time, just a stone's throw from where I live. The late Twist & Go magazine were testing one down there at the same time I was there. They rated it too!
Twist'n'Go rated everything, though, didn't they?

China Motorcycles in Ipswich were the fly-by-nights who imported the one I bought for the bodywork, lights etc. It had been registered as a 125, presumably to make it easier to get rid of. It came with bills for replacement wheel bearings and final drive bearings at less than 3000km. The rear clutch collapsed and snapped the belt at 8000km, which is when I bought it. Absolute junk - built, imported and sold by cowboys.

The JL-250 is now officially extinct on UK roads; that one in Julian's lean to is on its way to becoming a collectors item :lol:
Hi Jaz,

Never really followed the CN250 scene. The genuine Honda ones were very good I know that and have ridden one. Liked it a lot. The Jailing clone felt pretty much the same. Couldn't tell the difference. I read several road tests on them when they first came over here and everyone agreed at the time the Jailing was ok. But as for the long term reliability of the bikes, I have little knowledge other than some chap in Wales was featured in a magazine with one and he had owned it from new and covered 8k miles or some such number and not had any issues with it. Jailing are indeed one of the premier Chinese manufacturers though. They made genuine Hondas for Honda and the CN250 clones were made using genuine Honda tooling, including the engines. Just goes to show though, since buying the licence to make them independently, you never know what goes into the metal they use to make the engines!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 7077

I did salvage a headlight bulb spring clip off mine gave it to Lyn that was in great condition .

Deleted User 4154

Meldrew wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:04 am Seinfeld
Ah, I see. I'm usually OK on pop culture references, but shitty American sitcoms with canned laughter tracks really aren't my thing.

Sorry for not replying quickly enough for your liking, dearie, but I'm rather busy with the business of, you know, living. So do excuse me if I have more important things to attend to than responding to your verbal diahorrea.
Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am I'm glad to hear it, and no doubt those particular message boards are too.
Number of message boards I've been banned from for being a tiresome, whiny old pillock = 0. How about you?

You can have one more gurn before I put you back on ignore forever. Go on, knock yourself out.

Bern

Post by Bern »

yawning.gif icon_boring.png yawning.gif

Deleted User 7077

Has the bus got free WiFi Bud