VESPA - Good looking RR - Rusty Retro

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: VESPA - Good looking RR - Rusty Retro

Post by horobags »

Jailing !!! :shock: :shock: ,,, dont worry Julian, you sold it, its not coming back, calm down...... :P :P
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I need a brown paper bag having an anxiety attack here . :o :o :o .

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Julian. can I help with your anxiety? :lol:

I take it you had one of the clones eh?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 7077

I'm sure were okay brand new but didn't last .Worst £150 I've spent :lol: :lol: best bit was extra brake hi level light .Mine was done in a 5k ish .Soichiro Honda would turn in his grave if he had seen one :lol:

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am Newman
eh?

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am What happened to your claims of ignoring my posts.
Unfortunately, when someone else quotes the rubbish you post, I can see it. And on this occasion I chose to respond. And, out of curiosity, I decided to unhide your response, just on the off-chance that you'd become any less obtuse, tedious or offensive in the last two years. Fat chance.

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am Jai-Ling
That's JIALING. Not that there's anything from one of those with moving parts on either of mine.

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am how many years am I supposed to keep my maxi scooters until it meets your approval?
Couldn't care less, old fruit. But then if you hadn't been ruining yet another thread by questioning another member's choice of (potential) rides in your usual charmless fashion, I probably wouldn't have bothered to call you out on bullshitting about finding the holy grail that is - wait for it - a magnetic sump plug :o

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am ...mutual back slapping with you and the other obsessives on the Helix Discussion Board
Source please? I spend very little time on any message boards these days.

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am and no I didn't miss that little hint that you later sold the apron on for a profit :roll:, well good boy!)
Yeah, I did well. Exceptionally well considering half of the fixings (and the instructions) were missing when you sold it to me! So much for your reputation of being fastidious about your gear, eh?

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am As for this nonsense about not needing a magnetic sump plug...
Nonsense is you claiming one is necessary. But then you'd know that if you've covered half the distance I have on these bikes (one of which is now 32 years old).

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am ...or quite possibly hate.
No, nothing like that. I just feel a bit sorry for you, and the poor sods who put up with the drivel you spout.

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am Have a nice day.
And you too :)

Deleted User 4154

Meldrew wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:56 am I was thinking of that quote that the late Isaac Asimov might have said, 'People who think they know everything about Helix's are a great annoyance to those of us that do'.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Priceless. There are fence posts that know more about the Honda Helix (and the use of apostrophes) than you.

Deleted User 4154

Data wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:48 pm I've not owned a Helix but I've stripped a Helix engine completely and rebuilt it with many new parts. Virtually a brand new engine by the time I'd finished. Never saw the owner again afterwards. Nice bikes though from what I know of them. Rode a Jailing CN250 clone and boy, that was real good. The importers were based in Ipswich at the time, just a stone's throw from where I live. The late Twist & Go magazine were testing one down there at the same time I was there. They rated it too!
Twist'n'Go rated everything, though, didn't they?

China Motorcycles in Ipswich were the fly-by-nights who imported the one I bought for the bodywork, lights etc. It had been registered as a 125, presumably to make it easier to get rid of. It came with bills for replacement wheel bearings and final drive bearings at less than 3000km. The rear clutch collapsed and snapped the belt at 8000km, which is when I bought it. Absolute junk - built, imported and sold by cowboys.

The JL-250 is now officially extinct on UK roads; that one in Julian's lean to is on its way to becoming a collectors item :lol:

Deleted User 7077

You mean there's a chance of getting my £150 back woohoo

Deleted User 4154

Has been maxi tours wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:41 pm You mean there's a chance of getting my £150 back woohoo
In about 50 years :lol:

Deleted User 7077

I'm under orders to have a clear out wife wants to get from back of house to front with out coming through the house .