I know it's not a scooter but...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: I know it's not a scooter but...

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Yes, Smeg, you've bought a nice looking bike with that reliable Bosch mid-motor. Carrera do make a quality bike that will last - I rode my Carrera BuguBoo for 15 years without any problems.

These ebikes will get us out more often, my bike takes me to places in Plymouth I didn't know existed. The number of paths, parks and places I've cycled to in Eco mode is great. Then a boost after 3 hours out to get me home. Ebikes have come on amazingly in the last 2 years now. Soon, they'll sport lighter frames and motors, better range better disengaging motors and ABS braking.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I've had a Kalkhoff e-bike for several years now; it's enabled me to keep cycling in spite of my COPD.
I have a Burley Travoy shopping trolley which I tow behind it.
The bike is covered as a named item on my house insurance as long as it's locked to something suitable.
I haven't dared try the heart-monitor aspect - it came with the belt to go round my chest. :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I looked at Kalkhoff but the dealers are too far away. Nice though.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Smeghead, recovery asap BUT Don’t try to do too much too quickly, great that you’ve now got an e-bike too, I hope it gives you many happy hours of pleasure, — I’ve just bought one too, a Batribike Quarts LCD little used off e-bay, it will arrive next Monday so something else to play with -and ride of course.
Get well asap.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Jimo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:24 pm Smeghead, recovery asap BUT Don’t try to do too much too quickly, great that you’ve now got an e-bike too, I hope it gives you many happy hours of pleasure, — I’ve just bought one too, a Batribike Quarts LCD little used off e-bay, it will arrive next Monday so something else to play with -and ride of course.
Get well asap.

Jim
God advice, I don't intend to overdo it. The cardio physiotherapist gave me advice and I'm following it! Basically don't get too out of breath! If you are breathing harder but able to have a conversation that's fine. I've only done low miles. Popped to see my old mum today, about four miles ish each way. I used the electric boost when I felt I needed it. Still needed to push though. It turned out to be a great buy.

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

I’m so, so glad that the bike is helping you, I’m looking to do the same with my new e-bike acquisition.
Keep warm xx

Jim

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The trouble with pushbikes for me is that they hate me - I only have to sit on one and it gets a puncture!!

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:29 pm The trouble with pushbikes for me is that they hate me - I only have to sit on one and it gets a puncture!!
Pop some Puncture Safe in!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Does it work better in pushbikes than in scooters? (Given my unhappy experiences with various gunges),

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Smeg, unless you’re very lucky - or unlucky I’m finding that e-bikes seem to have a propensity for breaking spokes especially on drive motor wheels, to be sure and safe I’ve just bought a set (40) for my Quartz rear wheel although hoping not to need them, I’ve also just had my battery re-celled increasing battery amperage from 10.5ah to 15.6ah and having up to 3000 discharges (that could take years).
Take a look at www.pedelecs.co.uk a worthwhile forum for e-bikers.

Jim