I know it's not a scooter but...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: I know it's not a scooter but...

Post by muddyfox »

Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Jimo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:05 am Smeg, unless you’re very lucky - or unlucky I’m finding that e-bikes seem to have a propensity for breaking spokes especially on drive motor wheels, to be sure and safe I’ve just bought a set (40) for my Quartz rear wheel although hoping not to need them, I’ve also just had my battery re-celled increasing battery amperage from 10.5ah to 15.6ah and having up to 3000 discharges (that could take years).
Take a look at www.pedelecs.co.uk a worthwhile forum for e-bikers.

Jim
It's a mid drive motor, not hub.

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

smeghead wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:05 am At the moment it's in a locked garage. I need to get a lovk and I've looked at the sold secure products.
Sorry to hear about your HA. Hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

I hear lots of good things about eBikes. A guy was saying how uphill trails can now be fun too!!

This lock is an absolute bargain at about £25 and beats pricier ones in a lot of cases.

hatter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH 300

Post by hatter »

In Halfords yesterday and their electric Crossfuse hybrid is down 20% to about 1300 quid. Possibly another 10% off with Cycle Club discount. Bosch crank motor and Bosch battery too.

Hatter

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:32 am Taipan mentioned U locks in his post, and they are a popular way of securing pushbikes and eBikes, but have you ever noticed how many U locks lie unused on the ground locked to cycle security rails. In a way it's similar to the clusters of lovers padlocks you see locked to bridge railings.

I used to think it was because the owners parked their bike in the same place everyday and didn't want to carry them around all the time.Athough in popular bike parking areas there no guarantee that you'll be able to park in the same spot where you've left your U lock, and looking at the dirty rusty condition of some of these U locks they've been there years.
A few folks I know commute into Brighton via bicycle and they all leave U locks attached to the bars of the bike bays. The reason being that they can have a heavier and more secure lock in the area they park, without having to carry it in every day. The specific location doesn't mater as long as it's in the general vicinity, they will pick it up and use it to secure their bike wherever they choose to park.

I guess that a fair few get left in situ every year as folks move jobs etc.

With regard to puncture prevention, through personal research (and lots of swearing at flat tyres) I now use Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres. I'm tempting fate I know but I've never had a puncture on a Marathon Plus.

8-)

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

capitano wrote: I guess that a fair few get left in situ every year as folks move jobs etc.
From working in London more to do with lost keys having got pissed then getting on the vomit comet Friday night :lol:

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:42 am
capitano wrote: I guess that a fair few get left in situ every year as folks move jobs etc.
From working in London more to do with lost keys having got pissed then getting on the vomit comet Friday night :lol:
... or maybe it's safer to buy a new lock than highlight where you may have dropped them on a non-school-night out. :lol:

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

I bought an ABUS U lock, it comes with a wire too. I'm not planning on leaving it around for long whist I'm not there. A possible nip to the shops is all.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

smeghead wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:37 pm I bought an ABUS U lock, it comes with a wire too. I'm not planning on leaving it around for long whist I'm not there. A possible nip to the shops is all.
The advantage of an e-bike in that respect is that the extra weight of a decent lock barely makes a difference. :)

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

True Capitano, true.