NEC thoughts.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

NEC thoughts.

Post by phantom309 »

well went sunday to the NEC to check out whats new an what could be the next in the garage when the time comes.. well i liked the xmax 400 seems very nice an fair seat comfort. but girlfriend wasn't so keen on the really wide seat as she is quite short so makes it uncomfortable. the tmax is just too wide for both of us.. the burgman 650 again fine for me but too wide on the back. the new 400 gt BMW was also nice up front but the seat problem again on the back. the BMW650 gt was better . i didn't like the forza 300 seat wise it felt quite firm. the only one that stood out was the new blue burgman 400 . which we both liked . even though i sold mine last year , :roll: the africa twin was nice but i don't think i want one . my current XADV is good at what we want . an has loads of grunt... but that for me is the down side as the little red mist comes over my eyes sometimes , an i go for it .. so i'm torn between keeping mine :o or when finance near to paid . chop it for another 400 burgy... :?:
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: NEC thoughts.

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sounds like it really helped you making up your mind!!!
Did you get to look at the Kymco stand?

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

I would have to agree with the wide arse ends, wife don't like them (except mine of course) liked the 400 yam but a little tall, the new 400 burgman has been slimmed down a bit and we find it really comfortable, although not been any real distance yet, our dealer gave us a good deal at £1000 off list so that was the decision made, just hope it comes good long term?

Snail

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:06 am
Did you get to look at the Kymco stand?
yes we did look at the kymco stand but after previous problems when coming to sell none japanese scooters. i steer away. i loved the SYM scooters i'd had . but found it really hard to sell them.. as with the piaggio X10 ... they were all saying ah if it was japanese we'd give you a fair price. BUT as they are chinese were not interested... BMW use kymco engines in their scooters so they can't be bad..??? dealers :roll:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

phantom309 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:53 am

yes we did look at the kymco stand but after previous problems when coming to sell none japanese scooters. i steer away. i loved the SYM scooters i'd had . but found it really hard to sell them.. as with the piaggio X10 ... they were all saying ah if it was japanese we'd give you a fair price. BUT as they are chinese were not interested... BMW use kymco engines in their scooters so they can't be bad..??? dealers :roll:
But the BMW 400 is entirely Chinese built! And that's People's Republic not Taiwan where Sym & Kymco come from. In this strange world we live in, being Chinese is bad, unless it has a BMW badge on! (btw Yes, Kymco build the engines and other parts that go into the BMW 650s)

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

I had no problem whatsoever selling my Sym privately - and yes the Sym and Kymco brands are manufactured in Taiwan not China 🇨🇳

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

Symcity wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:25 am and yes the Sym and Kymco brands are manufactured in Taiwan not China 🇨🇳
to a japanese motorcycle dealer if it's not honda,yamaha ,kawasaki,suzuki or even bmw there not going to jump through hoops to make a swap . an round here thats how it appears.. you may have better dealers in your area..?

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

I've not known folks to have any issues selling their Kymco's or Sym's in my area either.

Went to the show yesterday at the NEC and found it to be very good. Lots of motorcycles there!! :lol: Went straight to the Kymco stand to look at the new 400 Xciting. Very nice indeed, nice quality and I was able to interrogate the manufactures rep. I hadn't realised the importers had gone bust some time ago and that Kymco had stepped in directly to take control of the marketing and sales, hence why they were there at the show. It seriously looks like Kymco are going to push to be a very big player over here. They have all sorts of plans. Had a very interesting chat on their stand with a guy who actually knew what he was talking about concerning the oily bits! Actually couldn't fault the bike or the manufacturer.

I was supposed to meet with one or two of you guys up there too. Sorry for not doing so. I was taken ill halfway through the day before I got around to texting anyone with location details for a meet. I was whisked away...but I'm recovering fine now. I seriously hope no one missed me...and just enjoyed the bikes.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Get well soon

Bern

Post by Bern »

Best wishes for a full & speedy recovery bud

" I hadn't realised the importers had gone bust some time ago" ...... That might have been while you were offline having your eyes sorted