New SYM Maxi + Electric Scooter

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

New SYM Maxi + Electric Scooter

Post by Drago »

SYM have announced some new models.
http://www.sym-global.com/all_models/index/6
Joymax Z - Basically an Joymax/Cruisym but with different styling. It looks as though it's a little lighter as well
which should improve performance a little. Styling wise to me it isn't too OTT with the aggresive sporty styling so prevalent in
many maxi scooters at the moment.

HD300 - Big wheeled scooter with the joymax/cruisym motor. Again it is lighter than the Joymax/cruisym. Storage is of course smaller
but at 38L big enough for a fullface and other gear. Nice to see a big wheeled scooter that doesn't sacrifice most of the storage space.

DRG160- A very odd cc but spec wise looks very impressive. Mosatly a concept so may not be released as is or reach the uk but again the spec looks really good. Would prefer it over my current SYM symphony with its 169cc motor (that is a lot less powerful).

Electric scooters
http://www.sym-global.com/news/index/127
ED1 - Folding scooter, but only has a top speed of 15mph and range of about 25 miles. Personally I would rather get an electric bicycle. But in some countries there are different laws/regulation for these sort of vehicles.

EE1 - 25kw motor. three modes 50mph/68mph/80mph. Range 30-60miles depending on mode/speed. Bet it'll run out in 10-15miles if ridden flat out in power mode though. Removable battery for charging. Price tbc.

Now the EE1 has really interested me. I commute 23miles a day at a mix of speeds and something like this would be ideal just for commuting. Long distance/or shopping I would still have a ICE scooter to use for such purposes. Only thing is if they do actually make it and what it'll cost to buy.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: New SYM Maxi + Electric Scooter

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well, effectively the ED1 is an electric pushbike (legally speaking). I suppose it has merit for those of us who aren't going to pretend that we're going to do any pedalling! So it might be a good commuter as it might be luggable onto trains or cars, and used for part of the journey, and can be used on cycle paths etc. One of the things that put me off an electric commuting cycle is the need to get togged up in cycling gear and then get sweaty riding, but if you are just going to let the leccy do the work, it might have been a possibility!!

btw anyone see that 'Tomorrow's World' special last week? On it was Clive SInclair's nephew with a sort of updated Sinclair C5. No pretense that it was a car this time, and it was legally a cycle. Full weather protection but it looked seriously heavy and wide - not quite sure why you'd have one instead of an electric pushbike

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

SYM seem to make a nice scooter. The new HD300 looks very similar to a Piaggio Beverly.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I like the look of the HD 300, its just a shame SYM values dont hold too well on the used market over here, I think most of us ( muppets) realise they are as good as the Jap scoots,( plus a 5 year warranty), but UK dealers clearly dont.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I 've had my Cruisym 300 for six months and clocked up just over 7000kms. Having had (and still got my 2014 Silverwing 600) My first Silverwing in 2010 and doing 40,000MLS on my fist one, and just serviced my current one at 40000mls. I am very impressed with the Cruisym same feet forward position as the wing, very responsive engine, high screen and doing 90mpg. I serviced it at 1000km and again at 5000km all straight forward. I've not seen another on the road and that is fine by me,no need for a top box plenty of room under the seat. I had heated grips fitted and glad of them now. Used value doesn't bother me, if I like something I keep it.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Drago wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:40 am Now the EE1 has really interested me. I commute 23miles a day at a mix of speeds and something like this would be ideal just for commuting. Long distance/or shopping I would still have a ICE scooter to use for such purposes. Only thing is if they do actually make it and what it'll cost to buy.
I commute 18 miles each way - short stretch of 40 tops... mostly stop/start traffic...
Which I expect is gonna kill a battery way more than running at a constant high-ish speed?
The Honda electric PCX that was announced last year for the Japanese Market?...
I Likes my SH125, so a SHe - 125 equivalent - would like 55mph tops - 60 mile range... (but obviously not both at once!)
Hurry Up Honda.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

The price differential is going to need to get a lot closer between ICE and Electric before it becomes a cost saver. I read somewhere, that the carbon footprint of 150mpg Innova was less than the Nissan Leaf.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Just buy used let first user take the hit .

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

rayb wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:44 am The price differential is going to need to get a lot closer between ICE and Electric before it becomes a cost saver. I read somewhere, that the carbon footprint of 150mpg Innova was less than the Nissan Leaf.
Yeah, it's not just fuel though that should factored in though. Servicing and consumables are surely going to be saved as well. For example, regenerative braking will save on brake pads and there are no oil and oil filter changes to soak up your dosh every 3k miles.

And don't forget how much money you'll save by not buying a cheeky Mars Bar when you stop for petrol ;)
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:49 am Just buy used let first user take the hit .
Sound advice for any motorised vehicle unless the first owner trashed or abused it.

"No mate, it was fine when I traded it in" angellic.gif
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should