i'm bored again.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Re: i'm bored again.

Post by Argyll »

The ad for the cheap SH doesn't say if it's the latest model with traction control, not that I'd be put off by that, but just wondering.

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

Kestrel were offering equally fabulous deals on the NC750X, I nearly bought mine from there, but Farnham Honda were offering the same deal, with cheaper national delivery...
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

wozza wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 am

I've actually gone the PCP route this time to try and stop myself changing bikes every 5 mins.
:lol: it don't work.. 4 months an i'm concidering the next one to the yard . :o
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:09 am The ad for the cheap SH doesn't say if it's the latest model with traction control, not that I'd be put off by that, but just wondering.
Item no longer available - you haven’t have you

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I've actually gone the PCP route this time to try and stop myself changing bikes every 5 mins.
Yeah, but in the long term, these deals positively encourage (or force you, with PCH schemes) you to change your car/bike/scoot every 3 years. In my mind, these deals just lead you into a treadmill of endless expense.
You might be right about the short term though - I bought a car on one of the earliest PCP schemes, found I hated it, but found that getting rid of it wasn't so easy.

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:21 am

Yeah, but in the long term, these deals positively encourage (or force you, with PCH schemes) you to change your car/bike/scoot every 3 years. In my mind, these deals just lead you into a treadmill of endless expense.
You might be right about the short term though - I bought a car on one of the earliest PCP schemes, found I hated it, but found that getting rid of it wasn't so easy.
Re the PCP, you are right of course. However, I've got to stop changing my bike and if it helps me to keep it for 3 years it's done it's job.. I did receive a very good deal on my part ex with my dealer which gives me a nice bit back, some of which I will keep in order to pay the lump at the end of the PCP if I decide not to change.
SEAT MO

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

phantom309 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:27 am

:lol: it don't work.. 4 months an i'm concidering the next one to the yard . :o
Oh I hope not... I've got to get back some self control..... As regards changing bikes I've found the older the quicker I seem to change drives SWMBO mad.
SEAT MO

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Symcity wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:31 am
Argyll wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:09 am The ad for the cheap SH doesn't say if it's the latest model with traction control, not that I'd be put off by that, but just wondering.
Item no longer available - you haven’t have you
No, not me. I loved riding your SH, even for that short blast, but I'm happy with the Forza. However, had I seen this deal earlier I'm sure that's what I'd have ended up with. Cracking value.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

there is an sh 300 in gloucester ( FRASERS )for sale .even has a maxi muppets sticker on the screen...lol .66 plate 7077 miles an £3749. just incase any body else still wanted one...
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

phantom309 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:17 am there is an sh 300 in gloucester ( FRASERS )for sale .even has a maxi muppets sticker on the screen...lol .66 plate 7077 miles an £3749. just incase any body else still wanted one...
Possibly Snail's. That was 66.