i'm bored again.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

i'm bored again.

Post by phantom309 »

yep the invitable has happened :o . i got bored with the xadv already :shock: .. been looking at scooters again 8-) . sat on the forza 300 today , i owe £900 left on the xadv so can look around. the 400 burger again ? maybe. but i sat on the forza an thought it felt bigger than the burgman ? so i felt more in proportion with it ... it's taller but not as tall as the xadv. lol . so what's people thought on the forza . as i am interested in the thoughts. ? won't be this year as only matt black left . i like the white or the blue ? can't decide ...lol .. i have had the old forza. the comfort an ride was awesome .. be interested to know how far the new one goes on a tank of fuel... as i do some 200 miles trips to wales on occations ... :lol:
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Bern

Re: i'm bored again.

Post by Bern »

I've not ridden one but, I've follewed Lyn (kayz1/bustupbiker) on his, on more than one occasion it looks to handle more like a 'proper bike' than a scooter, performance is good, fuel economy excellent, generally an all round great scooter, only let down by the mirrors (which need longer stalks) they were obviously lacking useability, possibly they would be OK to see following cars, but he was deffo having trouble 'finding' me on the Virago.

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

I have the new Forza 300 a it's a good bike, but I must say I found my Burgman 400 more roomy , which counted for a lot on long journeys.(I'm 5'-10"). But it's a compromise like all bikes. Rear suspension is a bit harsh, but it's fairly low travel, the bike being a mid sized scooter, so that's what I expect. The only bike I ever had that could really absorb bumps was an XT 600 , but that had 200mm or so rear suspension travel. Performance is good enough for my purposes, which is to ride around some A roads, Lots of B roads and some Lakeland passes. If the A roads were the majority of my riding the Burgman would probably be better. The Forza will hold 70 no problem, but for motorway riding more top end power would no doubt be nicer. As it is I'm enjoying the relative smallness of the Forza coupled with it's nippy performance. Having said that it would certainly do a tour if you needed it to. Tank range looks to be about 220 miles parping about - it will drop on a hard fast run, but probably by not too much. Like I say it's a good bike, like most modern bikes. You just need to find the compromise that suits you.

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

My dealer mentioned that the next batch of 50 white ones come into the country in Feb 2019, more than 30 of which have deposits taken against them, so seems to be selling well. I never enquired about the other colours.

I couldn't be happier with mine. It's great on the motorway and the screen is brilliant. The weight is another plus point as I've had enough of lugging heavy bikes around. Longest journey so far has been 4 hours and I really could have done it all again. I had a quick 50 mile spin yesterday and even the suspension seems to be much more pliable now, it's just the mirrors that require attention, but certainly no deal breaker. I now have my tunnel bag and Shad top box ready for my first tour early next year and, for the first time, I'm not concerned about long days in the saddle. In fact, I'm relishing the idea!

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

Nice to see a proper garage with some "toys" in it and plenty of tools.........and some carpet icon_thumbs_up.gif
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

riders in the storm wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:45 am Nice to see a proper garage with some "toys" in it and plenty of tools.........and some carpet icon_thumbs_up.gif
That's his Living Room. :)

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:02 am I now have my tunnel bag and Shad top box ready for my first tour early next year and, for the first time, I'm not concerned about long days in the saddle.
That’s the same amount of luggage I had on my trip to the Mosel/Ardennes earlier this year -
was totally sufficient for the 10 day journey - by the way the Shad box blends in nicely with the forza colour scheme an inner bag would compliment that - the handlebars are slightly bent on that cb250 ;)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

So, what's wrong with the X-ADV? Or, perhaps why is it boring you? I know some people find Hondas boring and uninvolving...perhaps you need to change brand??? I don't think I've even seen a new Forza 300, but can't help feeling that a smaller scoot with small scoot engineering won't prove a good substitute for something like an X-ADV which was clearly a well engineered thing (although not my personal cup of tea).

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Don’t think I’d be able to return to a mid capacity scooter having had an X-ADV

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Buy a Vespa and join the in crowd .Go where the in crowd go . You could sit at end of elan valley waiting for biker with camera and shoot past them :lol: :lol:

[bbvideo]. [/bbvideo]