Forza screen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Re: Forza screen

Post by Argyll »

The Shad brackets for the Forza 125 fit the new 300. I actually see the 300 listed now with the same part number. I can't think why you couldn't fit a Givi base plate to the Shad brackets - it's just 4 bolts.

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

Here's my Shad base plate.

Bern

Post by Bern »

horobags wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:48 am slightly off topic, has anyone fitted a Givi rack to the new Forza??? is one available yet??,
Bern wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:51 pm
horobags wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:53 am Anyone know if a givi rack is available for the forza yet?
Yep, this what Lyn used then fitted mounting plate to it .......... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202514555866

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

Horobags- I spoke to Givi at NEC looking at top boxes for my new Forza. You need to check this but my scribbled notes indicate that an SR1166 bracket could be used with a base plate M5M or M6M to support a monokey box. I was specifically looking at the E300N3 top box, it being big enough for my crash helmet, but not out of proportion to the bike.
Will get one later in the year for holidays.
Hope this helps. Information available on givi.co.uk website.

EDIT - looking on line , the M5M and M6M base plates seem to be for monolock boxes, not monokey.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Thanks Bern, and Scootles,and Argyll. thumb.gif
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

There will be, I believe, a £100 price increase on the Forza 300 in January, plus the free Tracker deal expires at the end of December (not sure if it will be renewed). Might be of interest to anyone looking at the moment.

Scootles
Benefactor

Post by Scootles »

Mine too is the blue model, and very nice too.
As for screens and boxes, I'm moving towards an MRA extension which, coupled with the electric screen, should give me the adjustment I need.
For the box I'll get the givi bracket and see if I can fit my old BMW case. If not I'll get a Givi box.
Thanks for all the input so far.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 am There will be, I believe, a £100 price increase on the Forza 300 in January, plus the free Tracker deal expires at the end of December (not sure if it will be renewed). Might be of interest to anyone looking at the moment.
With the value of sterling going down the tubes I’m surprised that only a £100 pound price increase shall be imposed in January

Scootles
Benefactor

Post by Scootles »

Well, I fitted a screen extension - the MRA VSA type A. Only done one trip out so I think I have a bit more adjusting to do. At 5'10" I'm running it at full height and it seems OK. Not fantastic, but today was all side winds, so things were a bit distorted. It is certainly better than the original screen alone. What I have noticed is that the screen seems to flex a bit more when I hit a bump, presumably because of the added weight of the extension. I found myself running the electric screen to bottom height on potholed back roads to reduce flex - but that's OK because speeds are low. I run the screen high on a smoother open road.

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

That's a fairly common experience with most screen attachments. The effect is probably accentuated by your eye being drawn to the more obvious movement at the top which normally goes unobserved. The Forza screen is relatively small so I doubt that the MRA extension will cause undue stress, but it will, no doubt, become annoying :|