Forza screen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Forza screen

Post by Scootles »

I would like a few inches of height added to my screen (2018 forza 300 - ht 5'10"). Two reasonable solutions so far seem to be the MRA extension, on a double hinge mechanism, and the Puig extension which clamps onto the screen. I know selection of the right screen is a personal thing but I'd be interested in any user experience. Or any other recommendations.
Thanks.
PS doesn't need to be Forza experience, just experience of the above and other devices.

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Re: Forza screen

Post by Argyll »

I've used all sorts of screen extensions in my time and I probably liked the Puig best. However, The MRA Sport is possibly more effective and offers better adjustment. I'm sure that some are fixed to the windscreen but some models clip on the top.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MRA-X-Creen- ... :rk:7:pf:0

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

As you can see from this photograph, I'm a big fan of the Puig visor, had one on my Vstrom as well, does a good job of deflecting the air flow up and over...

Not cheap, but probably worth the money....
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

There are different versions of the Puig deflector thingy which bolt through the screen, as an alternative to those that clamp to it. Personally, I wouldn't trust the clamp version, though that might just be me being paranoid. The only snag with bolts is of course the holes are there for good!
My experience of these sorts of deflectors is very positive - I had the MRA screen on the mk4 Tmax and have the Puig deflector on Mk3 and mk6 Tmaxs (and also on previous mk1 Tmax) and also had the laminar lip on my old mk3. In all cases wind noise was drastically decreased and protection increased - they do lift the turbulence to a higher level, so it might be possible for it to be lifted to the wrong height! On the mk6, its slightly odd in that it seems to create a pool of still air in front of the visor, meaning that its possible to ride visor up up to quite high speeds (50+), not that I do, but it does mean that ventilation is reduced on a hot day!
As I've said, I've always found these deflectors make an improvement, and are a lot cheaper than a new screen.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

PS I've never found that adjusting the angle or height of any deflector makes the slightest difference! The Laminar Lip was set very low but was very effective - I think the clever bit is that air is channeled between the deflector and the screen, which must change the windflow.
The Givi airflow screen is worth investigating as well.

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

"Personally, I wouldn't trust the clamp version, though that might just be me being paranoid."

Possibly....!

The clamp, using allen keyed bolts is rock solid, I've had the Vstrom up into the 90's (on a track of course :D ) and no movement at all. The weak link would be where the screen mounts to the bike I would think....?
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

riders in the storm wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:34 pm "Personally, I wouldn't trust the clamp version, though that might just be me being paranoid."

Possibly....!

The clamp, using allen keyed bolts is rock solid, I've had the Vstrom up into the 90's (on a track of course :D ) and no movement at all. The weak link would be where the screen mounts to the bike I would think....?
I guess its just my experience with the so called hi-tech sticky fixer thingies that the Laminar Lip originally came with, which entirely failed without warning. It didn't come off again with a few nuts and bolts through the screen securing it!!

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:00 pm PS I've never found that adjusting the angle or height of any deflector makes the slightest difference!
I've had varying degrees of success on different bikes. Some were hopeless on one bike but made a big difference on another. Can be a bit hit or miss.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

The Laminar Lip is the best option I've ever tried, and the industrial velcro fixings never came loose at any speed over many thousands of miles.
The MRA Vario is a good second and the screen-top clamps for that don't come loose either.
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

slightly off topic, has anyone fitted a Givi rack to the new Forza??? is one available yet??, I know honda do one but Ive got a givi monokey topbox.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.