Honda Winter Service Deal in Bromsgrove.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: Honda Winter Service Deal in Bromsgrove.

Post by Symcity »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:59 pm About £30 a week then for 2 years if include deposit .I can see the attraction doing PCP if want to keep new scooters .
That’s fine and dandy until you cause some damage to the PCP scooter - and you are also restricted on the annual milage - having said that - I reckon most new vehicles on the road are taken out on PCP - both cars and motorcycles

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i

Post by gasgas »

I had a Nissan Leaf electric car on a pcp. It was zero deposit, £200 a month for 2 years and then if I wanted to give it back the final payment was zero. I gave it back. I could go on all day on the reasons why electric cars are not practical, but that would be a different forum.

I just wanted to get back on maxi muppets and say something - I have been away on a cruise - that one with the drug trafficking pensioners !

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

gasgas wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:03 am I had a Nissan Leaf electric car on a pcp. It was zero deposit, £200 a month for 2 years and then if I wanted to give it back the final payment was zero. I gave it back. I could go on all day on the reasons why electric cars are not practical, but that would be a different forum.

I just wanted to get back on maxi muppets and say something - I have been away on a cruise - that one with the drug trafficking pensioners !
I did exactly the same with my leaf, traded it for a new Micra. Elecy cars are like play-stations, when a newer model comes out with a bigger range, the value of your older model takes a big dive!! :cry:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i

Post by gasgas »

When I gave the Leaf back, they offered me to keep it for £18,000. Har har no thanks. I subsequently had a call from a chap who bought it, at an auction. He paid £8,000. That is for a 2 year old Leaf with 8000 miles on the clock.
I might have a go at buying a Toyota Prius with battery warning light on. I've seen them for sale for £600 ish. You can dismantle the battery, remove the faulty cells and replace them, and end up with a £3000 car. Take the £2000 pofit and put it towards a new two wheeler.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

Symcity wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:03 pm and you are also restricted on the annual milage -
but did you know you can select the milage , you don't have to stick to the basic. ok you may pay a little bit more , my current XADV an the the forza i'm concidering are set at 10,000 miles. an the quote for the pcp on the forza actually comes in at 30833 for 3years owership. then £1:68 per mile after... but i only do roughly 10k per year anyway...
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

I don’t really like the PCP scheme of ownership - the damn thing is never yours so ultimately you don’t really look after the fucker - sadly this is modern society - if you cannot really afford it - just get it on so called affordable credit

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

I like the PCP concept and have bought a few bikes, and cars, this way.

I will be bored with it after 3 years so it gives me the option of handing it back without the rigmorale of trying to sell it or px it. And in the unlikely event of me wanting to keep it, I can just pay off the finance deal.

It's got nothing to do with "whether I can afford it", I've got money in my various savings accounts, which gives me flexibility and security......
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Even if PCP doesn't always appear to be financially the cleverest option, the benefit of not having to sell on ebay etc and have tyre kickers come round your gaff is certainly an advantage. I've never actually used it myself but I can certainly see some plus points.

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

riders in the storm wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:43 am I like the PCP concept and have bought a few bikes, and cars, this way.
It's got nothing to do with "whether I can afford it", I've got money in my various savings accounts, which gives me flexibility and security......
Most folk don’t have five grand of disposable income to buy a 300cc scooter - hence the reason we have schemes like PCP - most folk also don’t have various savings accounts - without the option of PCP the industry would be f——cked