new forza

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: new forza

Post by SH125Paul »

Butt stop on the '13 XMax 400 isnt adjustable - fixed in place... Could do with an extra inch... :( ;)
The 400 Maj on which it shares the engine and seat look similar is 3 position adjust, also has adjustable brake levers, where the XMax are also fixed - part of keeping the cost down i 'spose...

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

XMax400Paul wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 am Butt stop on the '13 XMax 400 isnt adjustable - fixed in place... Could do with an extra inch... :( ;)
The 400 Maj on which it shares the engine and seat look similar is 3 position adjust, also has adjustable brake levers, where the XMax are also fixed - part of keeping the cost down i 'spose...
Cheers Bud. It'd defo be an older one I'd be looking at and they have more leg room then. I'll try and find one in a local dealers that I can have a sit on.

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Sat on a Forza and found on full lock the bars hit my thighs and found the same on the Xmax 250. I think, if anything, the Xmax was worse than the Forza?

The 400 Xmax has a different looking seat, the butt pad does look adjustable? Adjustment aside, is there more leg room on a 400 compared to the 250?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Wouldn't it be easier to have your legs shortened than try and find a maxi that fits you? :lol:
As I said before, have a try on other versions of the Tmax - they are all roomier than the mk3

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

People come in different sizes.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Meldrew wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:29 am ]

I don't really understand this bars hitting the thighs on full lock thing at all. The handlebars on my Forza don''t come anywhere near my thighs, and the only time the bars on my Forza are fully turned left or right on full lock is to engage the steering lock.

Ditto Tmax - my knees are nowhere near the bars. But the thing that make tall people tall is normally that they have longer legs, so this obviously is the cause of the problem. And Scooters tend to be designed by Italians or Japanese, both of whom tend to be a bit shorter than some North Europeans!

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 am Wouldn't it be easier to have your legs shortened than try and find a maxi that fits you? :lol:
As I said before, have a try on other versions of the Tmax - they are all roomier than the mk3
:lol: Or i could cut holes in the floorboard panels!

Meldrew wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:29 am
Taipan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:08 am Sat on a Forza and found on full lock the bars hit my thighs and found the same on the Xmax 250. I think, if anything, the Xmax was worse than the Forza?
I don't really understand this bars hitting the thighs on full lock thing at all. The handlebars on my Forza don''t come anywhere near my thighs, and the only time the bars on my Forza are fully turned left or right on full lock is to engage the steering lock.

I've even been out to the garage and sat on the Forza with the steering lock is on, measured the clearance with a handy ruler and there's a two and a half inches gap between the top my thighs and the handlebars.
If I sit on the bike and turn to full lock my hand will hit the top of my thigh. I'm 6'2 so maybe its just my legs are longer than some others? Funny thing was on saturday I was telling my Father-in-law about it and he didn't get what I meant, so I sat on his SH300 and demonstrated what I meant and found it was the same on the SH300!?I ran a Sh300 fro a few years and don't recall noticing it when actually riding it? Maybe I noticed it on the mk3 tmax as its a longer wheelbase and I was probably using full lock more manoeuvring in tight traffic conditions? So after all that I'll just buy a forza/xmax and see how I get on with it when actually riding it!