Sym spares

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: Sym spares

Post by phantom309 »

about 3 weeks an parts were at the shop..
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

phantom309 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:20 am about 3 weeks an parts were at the shop..
That's more like it. Hopefully I should get the part I want pretty soon then. Still doesn't explain why I waited 15 months for a heated grips switch though.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

can't answer that. who knows why. i know they have changed owners since i had mine ( uk importers ) maybe they're not as on the ball ?
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Still waiting. My dealer was told yesterday or today. Now it's a couple of days. I'm not holding out any hope. I will give it another week then try to source it from somewhere else. But as the Maxsym is such a low-selling model I'm not holding out much hope on that either. Looks like finding someone who does plastic welding. I have noticed the crack is spreading by the way, so the situation could become urgent.

If this happens again it is being sold and I'm going back to Japanese. At least you can get parts in a reasonable time. As I have said before if something major goes such as the oil pump I will be off the road for months. No way am I putting up with that. I depend on my bike for all my transport needs.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

That's just the thing I'm after. Thanks. I didn't think of looking on ebay.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Maxsymuppet wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:29 pm That's just the thing I'm after. Thanks. I didn't think of looking on ebay.
Good to know it helped.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

oblong
Current Ride: Satelis

Post by oblong »

To prevent crack propagating you could drill a hole into the tip of the crack.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

drilling cracks!! :shock: , are we going off topic here.? :lol:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

And still waiting. The latest is the part is on back order from Sym in Taiwan, but the dealer has asked the importers to take one off a Maxsym they have. Again - the dealer asked them to do this over a month ago and they didn't.

This is getting silly, and I'm sure any of the Japanese manufacturers/importers wouldn't treat a customer like this. If Sym are trying to take sales away from the big boys they are definitely going the wrong way about it. I for one am thinking of going back to Japanese. I didn't have this problem with either of the Burgmans I had. Oh yes, the dealer also does LML, and apparently they had a customer waiting for two months for a part and they had to take one off an LML they happened to have in stock and tell the importer to come and collect the rest. So it could be something to do with small scale manufacturers. Or at least those that don't make many sales in this country.

One thing - the crack appears to have stopped spreading, so at least the matter isn't so urgent. I thought about getting one off ebay from the link kindly supplied by Muddyfox (thanks again for that) but I don't see why I should. It is surely reasonable to expect the manufacturer/importer to supply any parts needed. I am just dreading the day when I need something vital, though the dealer tells me that if this happens they will just provide me with a new bike and leave it to the importer to sort out.

Watch this space...