BMW C650 GT

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

BMW C650 GT

Post by charles1976 »

Hi

Anyone got one of these.....

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: BMW C650 GT

Post by phantom309 »

supposed to be very good, iv'e only sat on one . the seat is very comfy.it's like a burgman650. . just BMW service costs that are a little expencive if dealer done. not sure about anywhere else.
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

here's a half price one with no mileage in 5 years

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2935125480

I rode one actually had to ask if they had a demo one as it wasn't advertised at all.

It was me who informed the sales guy a service was a grand a go and he had to ring me back a couple of days later embarrassed to admit it was.

As 10K maxi scoots are the norm now if you can find alternative servicing I'd say give it a go but don't expect to be knee deep in offers if you sell early :roll:

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

charles1976 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:47 am Hi Anyone got one of these.....
No however the recent MU “model upgrade” as bmw say - is far superior to the original one - as already mentioned

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

With a Kymco engine I reckon its very similar to my AK550 but without the belt final drive. I'm not keen on chains or on BMW prices but time will tell.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I test rode the early C600S, but that was a long time ago!! It was good, but not good enough to tempt me away from the Tmax. Nice engine noise though. If you are considering one, ask lots of detailed questions about servicing requirements and costs. There was discussion on here a while back as someone was quoted completely insane costs for a 12k service - was it something like £1300 or was it more??? Part of the problem seems to be that whilst the rear drive is in an oil bath like the early TMax, BMW want the chain & sprocket changed every 12k miles anyway! Plus the V-belt of course. And the prices quoted to do this were mad - it makes the Tmax seem cheap to service!! Of course, its possible that BMW have given this some attention in the revised version - but ask.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I also remember some early scoots having teething problems, which should be ironed out by now, but an early second hand ( low mile) example might be costly in service and parts compared to similar Jap scoots.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

A pcp might be a good idea. Giving it back and getting a new one could be appealing.

Just one thing...in the states 50% of ALL BMW motorcycles and scooters suffer mechanical problems in the first 4 years of their lives. The study was up to 2017. I don't know what the stats are for over here, but you do find these trends often are the same in other countries too. The most reliable bikes were Yamaha, followed jointly buy Suzuki and Honda in second place, then Kawasaki, and then Victory. Harley came out in fifth place.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

All appreciated and sound advice....... Had a burg 650 and liked it but just felt heavy... Rode BMW and despite being similar weight it felt more nimble...

Spoke to BMW Manchester who assured me services would be £250 a year....

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Williams Manchester are a good dealership.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.