Xmax 300 starting problems

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGman
Current Ride: Xmax300 R1

Xmax 300 starting problems

Post by MrGman »

Hi All,

My 2017 Xmax 300 has been giving me issues just recently, about 3 weeks ago I turned the ignition on, the dash lit up and done it's thing while i was putting my helmet on, then the next moment it just died and wouldn't do a thing. I checked the battery which was 12.8v then after i put it all back together it started no issues.

Then a few days ago it done exactly the same, ignition on, all lights up but before i got chance to start it, it died, gave it a few minutes and it started. Again this morning getting ready for work, ignition on and as i knew it was playing up i was ready to start it as soon as it had gone through it's start up procedure but it died before it got to the end.
Once the bike is running though it is happy and i have no issues.

Anyone had similar before? Any Ideas what could be causing it?

It's still in warranty and is booked in tomorrow but the dealership is 35 miles each way and i'm worried it's not going to do it for them and i'm going to be stuck at home again one day in the near future.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: Xmax 300 starting problems

Post by SH125Paul »

If Batt conections are good, i'd go for Fuel pump, fuel filter or engine earth...
Mmm... or could be fuel tank pressure... Check the little breather hole in the fuel cap?
Or fault tilt sensor?