Xmax 300 starting problems

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Xmax 300 starting problems

Post by StephenC »

Not had this with mine (luckily?). It started fine after being sat over Xmas and New Year.

I wonder if it's simply a dodgy wire somewhere? I had a Pug which was off-road for a few weeks with a mysterious electrical problem and it was just a connection that had been disturbed. Took ages to track down.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Post by orange1290 »

My xmax300 has sat for 2 separate 2 month periods and started each time like it was used the day before. Why not just change the key fob battery anyway? Cheap and easy to do. One point is that I always switch the key fob off after I get home after a trip as that will extend battery life considerably. I've also taped a new key fob battery in the unlocked storage box at the front of the bike, just in case. However, the fob will warn you when the battery is low, it starts to flash repeatedly - all detailed in the user manual.
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'd be surprised if it was the key fob battery was flat, then I'd imagine that the scoot wouldn't switch on at all.

MrGman
Current Ride: Xmax300 R1

Post by MrGman »

I've turned the ignition on and then taken the key fob battery out and it does nothing to the bike at all so i don't think it's the battery, it's back at the dealers now as i can't keep worrying if it's going to start or not. while talking to the dealer i also remembered the front indicator stop working at one point but it's been fine recently so they're expecting a earth issue. I'll update this once it's back, just hope they can find something.

MrGman
Current Ride: Xmax300 R1

Post by MrGman »

Well it turned out to be a loose earth, not sure where, I'm just glad they actually found something.

I had a triumph tiger 800 loan bike, lovely bikes, ridden a few of them now but, I loved jumping back on the xmax, just something about it i love!!

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

I guessd an earth, among other things.. On the duplicate post
Where does the earth strap connect to the engine?

My old gilly runners earth strap was on one of the belt casing bolts...
Following a service at a well known recently closed down shop at Vauxhall
Scoot would start, run a bit then stall going along, or at tick over in traffic...
Yep casing bolt with earth strap, which is the ond tucked under the plastic was in and finger tight ish, from re-assembly, but never fullh nipped up.

Glad ya sorted.