Cold Cotswold wind

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: Cold Cotswold wind

Post by phantom309 »

supposed to be a great cafe up the top of porlock hill. a biker hotspot in the summer ...
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

There is a cafe yes never stopped as really like Lynmouth .

Deleted User 7077

I think we did a day run back in Dave the scoot days .I remember Porlock was closed due to an accident got diverted up the toll road which goes thro a private estate .Ken wouldn't pay the toll as police diverted us up there .

Deleted User 7077

Can't see the cafe on google maps got a feeling its a mobile one .There's a car park on a bend sure its usually there .

Deleted User 7077

Just remembered why we went there was to visit Valley of the Rocks .

Valley of Rocks
S W Coast Path, Lynton EX35 6JH
020 3564 5464
https://goo.gl/maps/2APv5ejs7FH2

Click on the 360 view photo listed on the Google map link great place for a scooter picknic lol

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

You could always drop in on Prince Harry and his new Missus for a cuppa!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Deleted User 7077

I'm still waiting for an invite from Meldrew to Betty's tea rooms .It would be cheap for him as Im off sweet stuff and processed carbs so just pot of tea and fancy cups .

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Back in the day, we used to run a weeks summer camp for scouts from their campsite at Horner water which is a stream! Good fishing trips from Porlock and good walking at valley of the rocks very pictureskew, I think the toll road is much nicer with good views over the channel, nice place to stop for a brew up! Think the hill coming down from Minehead direction are the highest cliffs is Somerset? Could be a nice weekend away come better weather, most of the biker community in days of old used to end up at North Morte Farm campsite at Mortehoe as was one of the few who let's bikers in! It's all a bit posh now but lovely location if winds not blowing too hard! So much to see in UK shame our weather isn't more reliable

Deleted User 7077

I've been to York railway museum cafe I don't think we sat inside the carridge tho .Looks like sticking to Halfpenny Green airport cafe then with Raymondo then only £1 a mug there ;) ;)

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:18 pm I've been to York railway museum cafe I don't think we sat inside the carridge tho .Looks like sticking to Halfpenny Green airport cafe then with Raymondo then only £1 a mug there ;) ;)
And great cake. :)

After going down Porlock Hill in my Mini Cooper and entering the village.

My mate: You should slow down, it's a 30mph limit.

Me: I will when the brakes come back.