New toy addiction

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootypuff snr

New toy addiction

Post by Scootypuff snr »

So on today's Essex Bimble we wandered into Bel Vue Honda. Dave came despite his protests and walked away without buying the CB500X (tough love but somebody has to be strong)

I got offered a straight swap for this baby
1547145732632503.jpg
However on the way home the S'wing proved it's worth as the go to scoot getting nearly a weeks groceries into it's cavernous depths without the bulk of panniers the big toy needs.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: New toy addiction

Post by capitano »

Nice thought, though.

I'm rather partial to little orange Vespas. 8-)

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Still tempted, might ring insurance company but 125cc premiums prohibitive compared with maxis (& do I need another small capacity toy)

Killed my ET4 riding the M25 daily but was a great machine with fond memories

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Post by rjc1944 »

You'd need a top box with the Vespa - but don't they look delicious?

I'm currently being tempted by either a Yamaha Virago 535 or an X-Max 300. I've had my GTS for nearly three years now - it's supposed to be my last bike before retiring from riding but three years is the longest I've had a bike for since the 1970s and I'm getting antsy again. Whenever I have scooter I find myself hankering after a "real" motorbike - and vice versa. Trouble is the GTS is just so good - light, nippy, short wheelbase so it doesn't take up mmuchspace in the garage, easily quick enough for Cornwall. Why change it?
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 am Still tempted, might ring insurance company but 125cc premiums prohibitive compared with maxis (& do I need another small capacity toy)

Killed my ET4 riding the M25 daily but was a great machine with fond memories
That orange one came to me in slightly strange circumstances.

I had some customers of old, moving from Brighton to Maidstone. They booked me for one last job before they moved, taking down their nice chandeliers and replacing them with white pendants.

When I arrived they were in chaos. They had disturbed the very old rubber insulated cable in their loft whilst clearing it, which meant that they had no lights on the first floor. As I told them, repairing it wasn't an option so it meant a rewire of the lighting circuit on that floor. I agreed that I could do something that was safe and acceptable (though not particularly pretty) in a day.

They agreed, and said that it was the third catastrophic event they'd encountered. The first was the cat getting hit by a car (it was OK after a huge vet bill,) the second was the lights, and the third was that the lady had sold her Vespa to someone two weeks ago. He'd paid a deposit and then disappeared. Phone calls went to a "number not recognised" message and emails kept getting bounced back. They couldn't take the Vespa with them.

She asked me almost jokingly, "I don't suppose you'll take a Vespa as payment for the work, will you?"

... and that's how I came to, rather unexpectedly, own Velocipede, the orange ET4. 8-)

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

result!!!!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Great story!

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

It was meant to be. :D

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

looks lovely love the colour :D
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.