and now for something completely different

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootypuff snr

and now for something completely different

Post by Scootypuff snr »

So anybody who likes rare & quirky this low mileage beasties is a gem. (but don't expect a good PX price)

https://www.21stmoto.co.uk/product/hond ... otorcycle/

If I had the cash spare it would be in my collection

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Re: and now for something completely different

Post by XP500FUN »

Blimey did`nt even know they existed.

Very nice.

Best Mark.

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

I do like that,they never caught on not a “proper” bike or scooter

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Yes, met an owner last year, who was delighted with his!
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive had two, Jaz currently has one. There was lots of debate here a few years ago about the DN01, is it a bike? or is it a scoot? is it a custom? or a street machine? Does it matter!!
It has a 700 deauville v-twin engine and Honda's only HFT ( human friendly transmission), which can be ridden in manual or auto. Its nothing like the current DCT.
I think they are fantastic machines, so smooth and well built, the only negative I can think of is limited ground clearance, but hey its not a sports bike.
I was also recently told that the HFT gearbox is a cassette type, 15 mins to change, but a sealed unit costing near 3 grand, but come on, its a Honda. :P
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:05 pm (but don't expect a good PX price)
I'd have thought the dealer would be desperate to get rid of it!! Especially in mid winter.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

horobags wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:51 am Ive had two, Jaz currently has one.
It has a 700 deauville v-twin engine and Honda's only HFT ( human friendly transmission), which can be ridden in manual or auto.
I think they are fantastic machines, so smooth and well built, the only negative I can think of is limited ground clearance, but hey its not a sports bike.
I was also recently told that the HFT gearbox is a cassette type, 15 mins to change, but a sealed unit costing near 3 grand, but come on, its a Honda. :P
I have revisited them second hand several times but usually they are a lot higher mileage.
Usual story a peach comes up when I haven't got the cash or PX machines.
Some things aren't to be :roll:

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:15 am
Scootypuff snr wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:05 pm (but don't expect a good PX price)
I'd have thought the dealer would be desperate to get rid of it!! Especially in mid winter.

As they're like rocking horse shit he'll be happy go sit on this one.(wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the owners)

Moto 21 have never offered good PX prices (below book) which is why I've never bought from them, but their service department is the dogs IMHO

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

horobags wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:51 am
I read somewhere that the gearboxes are so expensive to make (and prohibitively expensive to fix) as assembly and maintenance are required to be in clean-room conditions. So not quite like your average bike workshop then!

Its an intriguing idea, but a little pointless as Honda were simultaneously working on DCT. I wonder how efficient it is with all the hydraulic gubbins.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Smurph had one when they first came out. I remember him bringing it to one of the big Muppets Meets, probably Rutland 2008.

I was impressed with it, as were most folks.

8-)