test rides day.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

test rides day.

Post by phantom309 »

had my test ride on the forza 300 today. great scoot , shit mirrors :oops: .. loved the scoot ,handled ok after the initial wobble front wheel on corners :o . while getting used to smaller wheels...lol but was a good ride . i was still not completely flat foot.you sit on it rather than in it .. but i now know why i was told the mirrors are to narrow. i had a transit van pull up behind me at a junction , an i didn't even know it was behind me ...now that is not safe at all. honda WTF . icon_shocked_.gif .. then went oner to swindon to see if i could find some new biker jeans for new season . an got offered a test ride on the new burgman 400 . what a differant machine . you would think the honda was some thing cheap from china . the suzuki was / is in another league altogether ... more sure footed , i could also flat foot which was nice ...an much light than the XADV to move. which i liked . just as comfy as each other .an yes the mirrors on the suzuki work as they should . :D .OH yeah an they offered me a deal that ment i'd be paying the same finance payments as i am now an pay off my XADV . so i bought it ... burgman 400 . in black with the glorious red wheels.
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Deleted User 7077

Re: test rides day.

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Interesting review

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I know its about 10 bikes ago but how does new model burgman compare with older one can you remember .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

phantom309 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 pm so i bought it ... burgman 400 . in black with the glorious red wheels.
Good choice I think my burg 400 was the best all round scoot I've owned & heard nothing but positives about the new model but service intervals where a bit short and expensive previously

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

nice one Andy, Ive a soft spot for the 400 burger, (especially with an up side down heat shield) :P .
Its just the OTT car like service costs that put me off.
Pics please.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

phantom309 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 pm . an got offered a test ride on the new burgman 400 . what a differant machine . you would think the honda was some thing cheap from china . the suzuki was / is in another league altogether ... more sure footed , i
Well, I guess if the new Forza 300 is anything like the previous version, then the Forza is actually a cheap thing made in Thailand rather than China!
To be fair, the Burger 400 is really in a bigger class of scoot than the Forza. I was surprised how tiny the old Forza 300 was. And this version of the Burger 400 is appreciably smaller than the previous one!

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Sounds really nice, and you can probably guess my question !!! between the two scoots.

Pics would be very nice.

I`ve got a black scoot, and I think I might just have to have another the same colour if I jump ship myself.

Best Mark.

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:20 pm I know its about 10 bikes ago but how does new model burgman compare with older one can you remember .
The new one is smaller than the old one an smaller under seat. But it is still as good ti ride. And has a bit more power.

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

horobags wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:33 pm nice one Andy, Ive a soft spot for the 400 burger, (especially with an up side down heat shield) :P .
Its just the OTT car like service costs that put me off.
Pics please.
Lmao .yes i liked that burgman too. It was a good swap.

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Well fancy that, must say our burgman suits us two up better than our sh did, better physical size for two and just seems torquey, got 1200 miles on ours now, I wouldn't say it was quick as the sh but seems just .......right? It was quite a big decision to move away from honda.
If you are going to have a box, I would suggest the Suzuki genuine steel rack and our givi monolock v47 fits straight to it no need for any adaptor plates
Hope you have fun with it
Snail