Heated Gloves

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Re: Heated Gloves

Post by road runner »

Argyll wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:58 pm I have the old Hein Gerike lobster claws with Decathlon 99p fleece gloves inside. Never usually need my heated grips.
I have tried a thin pair of fleece gloves with my lobster claw gloves but I found them too bulky. Thanks for the feedback though.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Symcity wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:00 pm Roadrunner I am not a fan of RST apparel so I would personally rule that out - wouldn’t a pair of Tucano Urbano muffs combined with decent gloves do the trick
Hi Symcity, I have used Tucano Urbano neoprene muffs in the past and they were quite good. Unfortunately, they dont do them for the baby beemer, which I am using the most over winter.

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

I will investigate the overmitts option but I will need to physically check sizes to ensure they fit over existing winter gloves and are not too bulky. Thanks rayb and horobags.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I have a pair of the RST battery-heated gloves, and they work remarkably well. Seem to keep your hands warm even on the lowest setting. I do have Tucano Urbano muffs as well though. The muffs are normally quite sufficient with a pair of decent normal gloves, but the heated gloves are a useful addition on really cold days. I have heated grips as well, but tend to use these only in emergencies.
The only snag with the RST gloves is that the batteries obviously have a limited output - I think that a figure of 2 hours is mentioned on the ads, maybe more on low setting - which is fine on local trips, but not enough if you are planning to do a really long journey. Also the batteries have only a limited number of charge/discharge cycles - its in the hundreds I think, so not an immediate problem, but will mean that the batteries will have a finite life.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Hello Roger......Barry & myself used the gerbings for years,mine kinda gave up and i shall have to dig them out and investigate,Barry went on to use heated gloves with a rechargeable battery,unsure of the make ect,but he’s the type of geezer who reads up on things before lashing out his dosh,message him and see what he says......

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Bern

Post by Bern »

I've got Barkbusters Blizzard on the Virago, they work a treat :D (so good in fact that we fitted a pair to Lyn's Forza as well) these & a pair of decent gloves work for me, not the cheapest thing on the planet, but they work well & all controls are still visible (unlike muffs)
American review >>>> https://www.twistedthrottle.com/blog/ba ... ds-review/

Bern

Post by Bern »

Hi bud, never tried them on the Silverwing, they do a good job on the Virago, might invest in another pair for the 'pop-pop' for me it's not so much to do with cold weather, it's more that if my fingers get wet they loose all their heat, so they combination of waterproof membrane & barrier to wind chill is good for me

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

In my personal experience, whilst handguards keep a bit of wind off, they are in no way as effective in keeping your hands ward as muffs. To an extent, I'd use handguards in warmer weather, but muffs in winter. Over mitts can be suprisingly effective, but can make gloves feel bulky. I have some Rain-Off ones which do add a lot of warmth, and of course, keep water totally off.

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Thanks for all the feedback folks it's very much appreciated. I revisited an option today, although not as cold as the last few days, whereby I tried my lobster claw gloves with thin fleece inner gloves. I still found this option a little bulky but did manage to operate all controls safely and after being out for about an hour and a half my hands were ok.
I think I will now wait until suitable muffs are sourced and try them with a good pair of winter gloves. Once again thanks for all your comments.