Heated Gloves

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Heated Gloves

Post by Data »

Roger, I know you are not looking for heated grips...but you might like to think again if you tried my GTS with my very hot Oxfords on. You'd be welcome to do so. My grips were £79.99 reduced to £67 from Col Kawasaki with my discount card (you should still have one too) from when you bought your bike from them.

I went for the 'Touring' option which are the 3.9 amp version, and not the crummy 3.0 or 3.2 amp Oxfords that Col Kawasaki fit. I can tell you they are brilliant and get much hotter than the less powerful ones! I'm still recovering from being ill before Xmas but did go out on the bike yesterday and it was very cold. I put the grips on to 80% power and after 4 miles the grips were hot! I was cruising at 65mph most of the time but even the backs of my leather gloves started to get warm. On my GTS I have no hand guards to deflect wind from my hands but even after 45 miles my gloves were really hot and the backs of the gloves were warm. The heat was travelling around my gloves wonderfully. Of course, heated grips take a bit longer to transfer the heat to your hands whereas the heated gloves probably do that a bit quicker and more evenly.

My point in mentioning all this is the cost. My grips are very effective, and I think probably the best Oxfords I've had. Certainly kept my hands as warm as heated gloves that I had years ago when I was motorcycling near 40k miles a year all over the continent.

If you change your mind and want heated grips but haven't got your discount card, then let me know and I'll get them for you. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I have the tourers as well. Not often I have them at 100%
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Data wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 pm Roger, I know you are not looking for heated grips...but you might like to think again if you tried my GTS with my very hot Oxfords on. You'd be welcome to do so. My grips were £79.99 reduced to £67 from Col Kawasaki with my discount card (you should still have one too) from when you bought your bike from them.

I went for the 'Touring' option which are the 3.9 amp version, and not the crummy 3.0 or 3.2 amp Oxfords that Col Kawasaki fit. I can tell you they are brilliant and get much hotter than the less powerful ones! I'm still recovering from being ill before Xmas but did go out on the bike yesterday and it was very cold. I put the grips on to 80% power and after 4 miles the grips were hot! I was cruising at 65mph most of the time but even the backs of my leather gloves started to get warm. On my GTS I have no hand guards to deflect wind from my hands but even after 45 miles my gloves were really hot and the backs of the gloves were warm. The heat was travelling around my gloves wonderfully. Of course, heated grips take a bit longer to transfer the heat to your hands whereas the heated gloves probably do that a bit quicker and more evenly.

My point in mentioning all this is the cost. My grips are very effective, and I think probably the best Oxfords I've had. Certainly kept my hands as warm as heated gloves that I had years ago when I was motorcycling near 40k miles a year all over the continent.

If you change your mind and want heated grips but haven't got your discount card, then let me know and I'll get them for you. ;)
Thanks for you input Ian and I trust that you are feeling better. I think at this stage I will opt for Barkbusters Blizzard universal muffs which I am hoping to check out in the flesh tomorrow. Catch up with you soon.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Hi road runner,

I'm not sure if any Muppet has mentioned Keis heated clothing, if so, then I'll just say that I've used the same Keis X10 jacket every year for over 6 years. The kit is bike/battery powered and fantastic - they make heated gloves and boot liners too, with great flexibility from a variety of connectors.

My go-to wet/cold weather gloves are Hein Gericke neoprene lobsters also.

Tim

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Roger......the muffs i’ve just put on the tmax are multi fit,done a little 10 test run and was happy with them,next time you are on the breakfast meet let me know and i’ll make sure i am on Max,i think its the tourer heated grips i’ve got on the ADV,about 9 settings,they are good and if you have handguards(cant remember if you have on the beemer)that helps a bit to keep the wind off the back of the hand.....

Stev3
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I have Givi muffs and don't find not being able to see the switches on the bars a problem.
With the muffs I wear single-layer leather gloves with 'silk' inners when it's cold.
I do have very good circulation in my hands, though, and would probably need thicker gloves if I didn't.
I had hand-guards on my first Silverwing; they were very good and solved the wind-chill problem.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:12 pm Hi road runner,

I'm not sure if any Muppet has mentioned Keis heated clothing, if so, then I'll just say that I've used the same Keis X10 jacket every year for over 6 years. The kit is bike/battery powered and fantastic - they make heated gloves and boot liners too, with great flexibility from a variety of connectors.

My go-to wet/cold weather gloves are Hein Gericke neoprene lobsters also.

Tim
Hi Tim, thanks for your input. I have now decided to fit muffs, which I can interchange with the bike / scooter and may well invest in the gloves at a later date, if I find they are still needed.

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Meldrew wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:21 am I've got stuff like a Keiss heated jacket and inner gloves, Barkbuster Blizzard hand guards, Hein Gericke lobster claws and matching neoprene overmitts, an assortment of winter gloves, and a pair of new hand guards I'll eventually get round to fitting to my Forza.

Which all seems a bit over the top when I'll be going out soon on my pushbike and on my hands will be the old pair of thin Mechanix gloves I've been using for years.
Sounds to me like you are well equipped Meldrew.

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Stephen wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:13 pm Roger......the muffs i’ve just put on the tmax are multi fit,done a little 10 test run and was happy with them,next time you are on the breakfast meet let me know and i’ll make sure i am on Max,i think its the tourer heated grips i’ve got on the ADV,about 9 settings,they are good and if you have handguards(cant remember if you have on the beemer)that helps a bit to keep the wind off the back of the hand.....

Stev3
Steve, I am picking up some Barkbuster Blizzards from The Adventure Bike Shop later today. All being well I will have them fitted for a little rideout tomorrow. Do you know yet where the breakfast meet will be for this Saturday, as I havn't been for a while.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

road runner wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:09 pm
Data wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 pm Roger, I know you are not looking for heated grips...but you might like to think again if you tried my GTS with my very hot Oxfords on. You'd be welcome to do so. My grips were £79.99 reduced to £67 from Col Kawasaki with my discount card (you should still have one too) from when you bought your bike from them.

Thanks for you input Ian and I trust that you are feeling better. I think at this stage I will opt for Barkbusters Blizzard universal muffs which I am hoping to check out in the flesh tomorrow. Catch up with you soon.
No problem Roger. Yes will see you and the blokes soon I hope. Feeling a bit better thanks, but still having to go into hospital for various unmentionable procedures... :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...