Heated Gloves

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Heated Gloves

Post by road runner »

Decided it's time to purchase a pair of heated gloves as opposed to fitting heated grips on my scooter and bike. I know a lot of people rave about Gerbings for quality and performance but the ones I am looking at would be in the region of £275 plus which I can't justify. I want the type which operate from rechargeable lithium batteries and have noticed that RST produce a couple of types which range from £160 - £190 and was wondering if anyone has had experience of using this brand of heated gloves.
Comments and alternative suggestions would be most welcome please.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Scootypuff snr

Re: Heated Gloves

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Evening Roger

I swear by Hein Gericke (now gone UK) lobster claws but in the past tried Maplins(now gone) 9v battery gloves.

All I can say is you get what you pay for & total waste of money. Cheap don't work.

PoppetM
Current Ride: Currently bikeless

Post by PoppetM »

I have Bering Oxsana. I can get about 3-4 hours with them in their highest setting. If you have handlebar mitts then you will be warm enough on first or second setting and battery will last a bit longer.
Batteries sit in the wrist and can feel bulky but you get usd to them.
I am on my third winter with them.
1.Vespa 125LX, 1. Honda NC750S, 3. Honda Forza 300, 4. Honda Rebel CMX500, 5. Honda Forza 300 t. Honda Forza 750 :lol:

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:04 pm Evening Roger

I swear by Hein Gericke (now gone UK) lobster claws but in the past tried Maplins(now gone) 9v battery gloves.

All I can say is you get what you pay for & total waste of money. Cheap don't work.
Evening Harvey, thanks for the input. I have lobster claw type gloves and they don't quite offer enough warmth these days. Must be an age thing😀. I did note your post elsewhere regarding the Maplins type and as you mention, you get what you pay for.
Whilst I like the Gerbings I cannot justify the price. I will just have to keep looking or not take the scooter/ bike out 😔.

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

PoppetM wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:05 pm I have Bering Oxsana. I can get about 3-4 hours with them in their highest setting. If you have handlebar mitts then you will be warm enough on first or second setting and battery will last a bit longer.
Batteries sit in the wrist and can feel bulky but you get usd to them.
I am on my third winter with them.
Hi PoppetM and welcome to the forum. I hadn't picked up on the Bering brand and will investigate further. Many thanks.

PoppetM
Current Ride: Currently bikeless

Post by PoppetM »

[quote="road runner" post_id=289994 time=1548103301 user_id=168

Hi PoppetM and welcome to the forum. I hadn't picked up on the Bering brand and will investigate further. Many thanks.
[/quote]

Definetly worth considering putting mitts on handlebars as well, they cut out the windchill and keep you dry. I had them in my NC750S (comfort is more important than looks in this weather!) have been on a loan bike while mine is with insurers and even on full setting on Sunday, an hours ride was cold, I miss my mitts! Next bike is having them!
1.Vespa 125LX, 1. Honda NC750S, 3. Honda Forza 300, 4. Honda Rebel CMX500, 5. Honda Forza 300 t. Honda Forza 750 :lol:

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I have the old Hein Gerike lobster claws with Decathlon 99p fleece gloves inside. Never usually need my heated grips.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I got a pair pf Oxford muffs and whilst they worked well with heated grips, I didn't get on with them. I recently got a pair of waterproof over gloves and even the tips of my fingers keep warmish.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Roadrunner I am not a fan of RST apparel so I would personally rule that out - wouldn’t a pair of Tucano Urbano muffs combined with decent gloves do the trick

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

get some goretex windproof overmitts of ebay for a tenner, they are brilliant.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.