New Forza - Givi Screen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Argyll
Great Britain
New Forza - Givi Screen

Post by Argyll » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 pm

I see that Givi have a screen for the new Forza 125/300 (D1166ST) and it's £51.25 + P&P on motorcycleplanet.

It's 11cm higher than the oem. I find the oem almost perfect so I won't be buying one in the short term but taller riders will probably be interested.

Meldrew
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2018 Honda Forza 300 A
Great Britain
Re: New Forza - Givi Screen

Post by Meldrew » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 pm

I ordered a Givi D1166ST screen a couple of days ago. For me the Forza's screen is just like the OE screen of every maxi scooter I've owned, mediocre. I've been patiently waiting since late last year for Givi to get the D1166ST from development to manufacture.

Argyll
Great Britain

Post by Argyll » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:42 am

Argyll wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 pm
I won't be buying one in the short term but taller riders will probably be interested.
So, after making that unequivocal declaration, I went and ordered one. Something kept niggling away at the back of my mind saying that I could always sell it if I didn't get on with it....basically I'm a man of straw :|

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: NC 750 dct c90
England

Post by horobags » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:29 am

try it for a month then flog it to me for a tenner. :lol:
kicking away from the mundane everyday.

Meldrew
Benefactor
Great Britain

Post by Meldrew » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:41 am

I've had an email earlier from Motorcycle Planet saying that they're out of stock of the Givi D1166ST screen for the Forza, and it could be up to 28 days until they receive another batch from Givi UK. They also said that Givi UK get weekly shipments of stock in from Italy so it could be sooner.

I'm not unduly concerned about the delay, although when I placed my order last Thursday they could have informed me about nil stock then.

Argyll
Great Britain

Post by Argyll » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:35 am

Same here.

Meldrew
Benefactor
Great Britain

Post by Meldrew » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:07 pm

That delay wasn't so bad after all, I've had an email to say my Givi screen is now being shipped. When it does arrive I'll have to find a window in my hectic retirement schedule to get round to fitting it. I may even have to sacrifice having a second breakfast.

The Forza screen must be an in demand item, quite a few of the Italian eBay sellers are saying Nil Stock in their ads.

Meldrew
Benefactor
Great Britain

Post by Meldrew » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm

My screen was delivered about 5pm today and it looks to be a decent piece of kit. Still in bubble wrap I held it over the front of the OE screen for comparison, and of course the extra height and width is noticeable. I'll be removing my Wunderlich wind spoiler from the Forza's Honda screen to fit to the taller Givi for even more height and adjustment.

Installing looks simple too, especially as there's faffing about drilling through plastic bodywork to reveal the captured nuts for the screen strengthening brackets that was a ritual for Silver Wing owners.

So when the screen is on I'll have more idea about the amount of clearance needed when I fit the set of Puig handguards I bought a few weeks after buying the Forza. So unless a set of lower leg wind deflectors comes along in the future, accessories wise my Forza is now sorted.

Argyll
Great Britain

Post by Argyll » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Mine should arrive tomorrow but I won't be able to fit it until Tuesday evening. Looking forward to trying it out.

Bern
England

Post by Bern » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Fitting is a piece of pish, remove two allen screws & two self tappers, remove 'boomerang', undo four allen bolts, remove screen. From kit, take four rubber washers & fit over bosses, take nylon washers & fit to allen bolts under steel washers & then 'follow your nose'