New Forza - Givi Screen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

New Forza - Givi Screen

Post by Argyll »

I see that Givi have a screen for the new Forza 125/300 (D1166ST) and it's £51.25 + P&P on motorcycleplanet.

It's 11cm higher than the oem. I find the oem almost perfect so I won't be buying one in the short term but taller riders will probably be interested.

Argyll
Benefactor

Re: New Forza - Givi Screen

Post by Argyll »

Argyll wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 pmI won't be buying one in the short term but taller riders will probably be interested.
So, after making that unequivocal declaration, I went and ordered one. Something kept niggling away at the back of my mind saying that I could always sell it if I didn't get on with it....basically I'm a man of straw :|

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

try it for a month then flog it to me for a tenner. :lol:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

Same here.

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

Mine should arrive tomorrow but I won't be able to fit it until Tuesday evening. Looking forward to trying it out.

Bern

Post by Bern »

Fitting is a piece of pish, remove two allen screws & two self tappers, remove 'boomerang', undo four allen bolts, remove screen. From kit, take four rubber washers & fit over bosses, take nylon washers & fit to allen bolts under steel washers & then 'follow your nose'

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

Had a chance to go for another ride today so, having read Bern's comments, I just quickly fitted the thing and rode off. I mean, it's great, (although I still like the oem screen for the extra fresh air in the lowest setting) and will be a brilliant touring screen, offering full protection and no noise. It will be perfect for open face helmets and should keep your whole body dry in the rain. I couldn't feel any wind around my shoulders, a bit uncanny, and no turbulence either. Maybe that's because I'm 5'8, it just seems to work, but we'll probably hear from others in due course. But, for £60 delivered, it's certainly worth getting. I'm surprised by how much better it is than the oem screen (apart from the low setting, that is). For urban riding I might still keep the Honda version but I'll definitely be touring with the Givi, no question.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Good Meldrew - Givi make decent stuff

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

That's interesting, Meldrew. I fitted an MRA extension to my screen and it's OK, but doesn't sound as effective as your Givi. Perhaps I should have been more patient before spending. Nothing new there I'm afraid!
Does the shape of the Givi look like muffs or handgaurds could be fitted without reducing lock?

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

I'm looking through the Givi when it's at it's highest setting so what I found handy when riding in the rain was simply lowering the screen and using my bit of rag to wipe off the accumulating crud and then raising it back up again. Nice and straightforward. I didn't really have to as there was hardly anything being thrown up off the road, but just tried it so that I'm ready for when I do need it.