2019 Honda Super Cub 125cc

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: 2019 Honda Super Cub 125cc

Post by MrGrumpy »

Dave Weller wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:06 am The C125 is a backward step (retro), no duel seat as standard or rack, passenger footrests don't comply with regs, no under seat storage.
Interesting. Whilst the new Cub is pretty, and has a legendary reputation, it doesn't seem that practical, whilst the old ones were all about practicality, and seemingly less effective than the Innova. Much rather have a Forza 125, personally.....

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

youve hit the nail on the head there Mr Grumpy. Its expensive, which brings in lots of competition in its price range. Im sure it a very capable machine but that off road' bimble ' just didnt look right to me. No pillion, no luggage, more retro than commuter, its nice but I must admit to being disappointed with it.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

I think everyone is missing the trick that Honda have pulled. ;)

How do you sell more 125 scooters in a market you've already saturated yourself, let alone a market saturated by competitors?

The answer is, you give buyers something different. The bike buying customers wanted a Cub. Don't forget that Honda showed the C125 and the Monkey as concepts and asked if anyone wanted them, before firing up production.

Of course if you want underseat storage, weather protection, pillion capability etc. you will buy something else. Honda know that.

What if you want a Cub though? Particularly one that harks back to the very first Cubs.

I'd buy one ... if had £3300 to spare, which after last year, I don't.

8-)

Bikerbaker
Current Ride: Various

Post by Bikerbaker »

horobags wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:48 am youve hit the nail on the head there Mr Grumpy. Its expensive, which brings in lots of competition in its price range. Im sure it a very capable machine but that off road' bimble ' just didnt look right to me. No pillion, no luggage, more retro than commuter, its nice but I must admit to being disappointed with it.
No sidestand either for UK/Euro market and Australia, Jap/US bikes have them as standard. Australia have an allocation of 72 bikes! Honda are obviously testing the water there.

Been to see them with a friend (who should be arriving on here sometime, SH300 owner) but no demo bike here for him to ride. I will probably have one at some stage but not yet.

Concerning tank size and range, the Kayak 110 Supercubs have a 2.5 litre tank and an iffy fuel gauge, any journey without a can is like Russian Roulette. The first time I went out on mine with others was on a local bimble organised by SteveW. I was tail end Charlie and ran out on a hill, arrived at the lunch venue when everyone was leaving. Ring any bells with anyone? :lol:

Bought another Chinese last week, this one has a dualseat.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

capitano wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:06 am I think everyone is missing the trick that Honda have pulled. ;)

How do you sell more 125 scooters in a market you've already saturated yourself, let alone a market saturated by competitors?

The answer is, you give buyers something different. The bike buying customers wanted a Cub. Don't forget that Honda showed the C125 and the Monkey as concepts and asked if anyone wanted them, before firing up production.

Yes, you are undoubtedly right. Pull in the hipsters who will only ride it twice a year, and then only to the nearest trendy bar. And no doubt have a large range of expensive accessories available so that they can 'personalise' it.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:00 am

Yes, you are undoubtedly right. Pull in the hipsters who will only ride it twice a year, and then only to the nearest trendy bar. And no doubt have a large range of expensive accessories available so that they can 'personalise' it.
But that's the modern way, all the cars now offer custom packs or in the case of smart bling your thing so why not try to tap into a rapidly dying market.

Folk state the new cub is expensive but the price the old models selling for a modern clean dealer serviced buy will appeal to folk especially with PCP

We all sit here in judgement but most of us tinker ourselves & forget the PlayStation generation don't even know how to check the oil level (look how many buggered engine models are for sale as spare & repair)

And as a total conspiracy theorist it's the governments drive to move us away from PTWs as you can't put speed limiters and restrictions on them, so make them expensive

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Guy at Sutton's said sold a few to motorhomers to carry on the back .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 am I don't think I've ever seen one of these archetypal short back n' sides bearded hipster types anywhere near a motorcycle, l
I can't tell....Teesside is so unhip, we haven't got any hipsters!! I was startled to actually observe a real hipster in the flesh on a visit to Newcastle - working in a perfume store, obviously!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive just been looking on ebay and dobles have a ex demo at a reasonable price, I'm not saying I wouldn't buy one, I think I was just expecting more, rear pegs/seat, sidestand ect.Its a nice looking bike, but when you can still by a new Sym Symba for half the price, the attraction fades. :|
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

It also has some extras, £49 vehicle preparation fee, its only done 48 miles and £49 administration fee.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i