BMW 400GT

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: BMW 400GT

Post by phantom309 »

have to say i was impressed with the looks of the BMW 400GT an the seat / leg room were very nice too.. i like the 650 too , just not sure i'd pay £1000 more for a fancy TFT dash , an the badge. ? ( that's 50 days out for me in fuel ) 8-) the burger does all the same thing it can do. but save me a fortune in the long term .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

I've split the topics on this thread, as the PCP discussion merited its own thread.

It's here, leaving this one for the 400GT discussion to go off on a completely different tangent. ;)

http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 30&t=22505

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

A brief video review of the 400GT...

https://www.visordown.com/reviews/first ... 019-review

Worth watching mainly for the brilliant music that appears at intervals during the video! No idea what it is...

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I can't find a UK price list for accessories but they do two different top boxes - a basic one and a fancy one (which I presume works with the central locking). The fancy one will set you back about $950 in the USA. Quite amazing.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Hoping the sym tl500 comes out this year, i reckon at a similar price and has all the fancy bling also, not that i can afford one, currently pondering a burg 400 at rightbike on ebay.
Dezzie

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Flex Case system OUGHT to be great as I normally need most storage when I'm parked up. However, it didn't seem to be done very well on the C600S.

Filonian
Current Ride: Honda Integra 750

Post by Filonian »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:16 am I had a look in Barrie Robsons in York while I was waiting for our car to be serviced nearby a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't rule out a BMW 400 in future and maybe joining the BMW Club and going to Yorkshire Section meetings too. But as I've got ABS, traction control, full LED lights, keyless ride, tracker, electric screen, comprehensive instruments etc in the form of a Honda Forza 300 that cost £5000, it's the BMW 400 that seems overpriced.

As for heated seats, I had them on my 650 Burgman and they were OK and just another switch to press on a long boring ride if it was getting chilly. I didn't bother with heated grips when I ordered my Forza, as I've got a Keiss heated inner gloves that warm the whole of my hands including the fingers, not just the palms as heated grips do.
Suffering from short term memory loss :o

Filonian
Current Ride: Honda Integra 750

Post by Filonian »

That explains the post.

After buying my first Tmax in 2001,I've had a number of BMWs, mainly tourers and all have served me well. I'm happy with my Tmax BUT when the time comes to change I will consider one.
I just don't rate the local Yamaha dealers, OK as long as all it needs is servicing but with increasing electronics, I couldn't trust them to know what they're doing or even have the equipment. As I've said before at least BMW technicians have to be trained on ALL BMWs and I always got good service from Barrie Robson's (and no, I don't work there).

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:27 am Toyota Pious? Is that a special version of the Prius that Toyota made for the clergy? :wink:
Electric car drivers have been known to be a bit pious about saving the planet and all!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

A test report / video of the 400GT..

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/57152/video ... mw-c400gt/

212kg?? More than a Tmax!!!!!