Stolen TMax

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Stolen TMax

Post by Stephen »

Update......Max is in my local Yamaha dealer now,new steering lock needed,thats the only damage,Max wont start,but they think because the steering lock is electric,they think if the steering lock is broken some sort of failsafe mechanism kicks in to stop the scooter being started,the dealer have been on the phone to Yamaha technical department,They seem to agree and all the bits and bobs in the replacement steering lock should rectify the non starter problem......lets hope its that simple,i would of checked ignition fuse or other fuses,which one presumes they have already done!!!!!

The steering lock is over £750.00....yes thats what i said £750.00 labour charges take the repair bill up to £1,500.00 apparently no panel damage at all,which is just as well,the dealer has been in touch with the insurance brokers and have got the go ahead,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Only £750? I'd have expected more. I had occasion to look up the price of a steering lock for a mk1 Tmax the other day, and that was £426, and there is no electronics in that whatsover! I've been quoted around a grand to have all the electronics replaced if you lose your smart key. I hope this doesn't turn out like the guy from Sweden's - where the electronics did silly things and it wouldn't start and it took months of hassle for anyone to work out how to fix it! Good luck - thank goodness you aren't paying (directly, anyway..).

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Been beefing up security for the Tmax’s return,treated both bikes to one of these £24.00,despite not being a keen fan of alarms,Max now has one and of course lock/chain
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I collected the Tmax yesterday,new steering lock fitted,i have also invested in a decent alarm,despite not being a great fan of them,while in the dealers i had the annual service done as well as the recall work.Martyn(Poldark) and another couple of lads met me at thedealers,so we had breakfast at the near-by cafe,then we had a little bimble,nice to back on the Tmax,roads were dry and i lead the lads to Pure Triumph at Woburn for a tea and gander around the showroom,Max performed well,i do intend to keep it,despite the theft and thoughts about chopping it in for something less desirable by the shitbag society :!:

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Good new Steve, enjoy it and put some miles on it. They are highly rated by everyone.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

croyde

Post by croyde »

Funkycowie wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:59 pm I'm glad they thieves were caught and arrested but judging by reports from others about out comes, the thieves could just a get a slap on the wrist and be free again to go out thieving. I hope there is very little damage.

I was going to fit non-service tracker to mine but I am now thinking that using a tracker that has a service attached would be the better option... or maybe have both.
This theft epidemic has really ruined biking for many. At the ripe old age of 56, having ridden since I was 17, my insurance is now so costly that I am considering giving up. I barely ride these days thanks to the scrotes and potential violence in London.

There are so many locks on mine that I quite often can't be bothered and take the car.

My 2008 Vespa GTS300 got nicked in Surrey last year on the day I was moving back to London. it was found on an estate in Croydon 10 months later but the police didn't impound it despite it being used for robberies thus when I got to said dodgy estate it was already gone.

Police found it again in January this year in Battersea. Impounded it this time and I have just got it all legal and back on the road. I never claimed on the insurance for fear of ruining my car insurance. It's a shadow of it's former self, very battered but I have made sure it rides nice.

The thief was arrested and got........community service and ordered to pay me £15 compensation. Which I'll never see as it's up to him to pay.

He was arrested for armed robbery years before and got 4 years. Obviously learned his lesson.

It's a joke, but the bigger joke is that I now own a TMax and a GTS300. The 2 most likely bikes to be stolen in London :lol: