Stolen TMax

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: Stolen TMax

Post by bikerdezzie »

With the tmax being the thief/gangster magnet as it now is i wonder what insurance folk are paying for these now? I was paying 99 quid tpft in 2011 on my 2008 mk3 and this year i may finally get another maxi if my new job lasts but i am dreading insurance quotes and not many big scoots float my boat other than the magical sym tl500 if it ever comes out or maybe still a figment of my imagination.
Dezzie

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I'm glad they thieves were caught and arrested but judging by reports from others about out comes, the thieves could just a get a slap on the wrist and be free again to go out thieving. I hope there is very little damage.

I was going to fit non-service tracker to mine but I am now thinking that using a tracker that has a service attached would be the better option... or maybe have both.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Really unsettled me,i have concerns for my other bike,hence its 2am and i am awake,its got locks &chains on it,but might well get one of theses https://monimoto.co.uk/the-smart-tracke ... torcycles/ for it,a friend has one and recommends it.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

The monimoto device looks like a good value option. Battery life may be an issue though - you need to look carefully at how you will be using it. In "alarm mode", for example, it appears that the battery could drain in just a few hours. Admittedly, I only had a quick look at their website so I'm not sure that there's even an issue here.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Sorry to hear Stephen, glad you're going to get it back, hopefully without too much damage. As others have said it's the paranoia which has you checking and listening to every sound etc. which is the unseen price of having a bike stolen. If the courts handed down relevant sentences (like flogging) it would be a deterent, but with human rights etc. most of the sentences are a joke.
I was lucky that during my period of TMax ownership nobody ever made off with my Mk 3. (maybe it was too old for them) :?

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:25 am The monimoto device looks like a good value option. Battery life may be an issue though - you need to look carefully at how you will be using it. In "alarm mode", for example, it appears that the battery could drain in just a few hours. Admittedly, I only had a quick look at their website so I'm not sure that there's even an issue here.
DEVICE BATTERIES
Monimoto comes with two CR123A primary batteries that can be easily purchased from convenience or photo equipment stores. The batteries can last up to 12 months in Stand-by mode and up to 10 days in Alarm mode.

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Symcity wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:04 amup to 10 days in Alarm mode.
I stand corrected - I must have read that as 10 hours :oops:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen - btw where are you located? Are you in the London war zone? Or somewhere more salubrious? If you are somewhere where burglaries etc are normally not that common, then we all may need to take precautions!

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:17 am Stephen - btw where are you located? Are you in the London war zone? Or somewhere more salubrious? If you are somewhere where burglaries etc are normally not that common, then we all may need to take precautions!
I am in Northampton,Little Billing ,new build and pleasant nieghbours who are shocked at what has gone on,its back to what i’ve previously said, me and Max have been spotted,followed and targeted,they left my ADV & my nieghbours VFR alone

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:14 pm

I am in Northampton,Little Billing ,new build and pleasant nieghbours who are shocked at what has gone on,its back to what i’ve previously said, me and Max have been spotted,followed and targeted,they left my ADV & my nieghbours VFR alone
Hmmm...far from the War Zone! I live in not a dissimilar sort of place myself, with normally extremely low burglary rate - famous last words.....