The Burgman Grin it's real

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Re: The Burgman Grin it's real

Post by Liam »

Bern wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:28 am
Ahh you gotta forgive the yoof's Jim, few have riden bikes with the brake on the left & gears on the right, from back in the day when bikes had proper compression, manual ignition advance & kick starts bud

That said I do appreciate the ease of use & reliability of modern machines, that said if there's an offer of a go on your S8 .........
I'm hardly a yoof Bern :lol: and I don't want forgiveness. Chortle! Like others have said ,, things probably weren't as good as some think they were.
Smiley for Uncle Julian :kiss:

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:05 pm Was it really that great in the old days .Even valve lifters are automatic and we have electric start plus a massive 12 volts .You can buy a maxi scooter with as much weather protection and storage as a full on touring bike with panniers and weighs 100kg less and third of the price and even have electric screen now .Thy don't know thys born thy doesn't .
Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:11 am As this is the burgman grin thread if going off topic can you please add a smiley face emogi to posts :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

... ;)

Bern

Post by Bern »

Liam wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:20 pm
Bern wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:28 am
Ahh you gotta forgive the yoof's Jim, few have riden bikes with the brake on the left & gears on the right, from back in the day when bikes had proper compression, manual ignition advance & kick starts bud

That said I do appreciate the ease of use & reliability of modern machines, that said if there's an offer of a go on your S8 .........
I'm hardly a yoof Bern :lol: and I don't want forgiveness. Chortle! Like others have said ,, things probably weren't as good as some think they were.
Smiley for Uncle Julian :kiss:
Morning Liam, trust all is well in your part of the world bud thumb.gif I still have the 'Honda Happy' albeit on an Innova (Alan's got the SilverWing) it's bloody brilliant :D except for needing a more comfortable saddle which is very much along the lines of old British 'iron' = Bloody Sore Arse :roll: :lol:

Almost on topic ;)

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

My jaw is aching I've grinned so much . Quite a few bikers out as well enjoying the sun :D :D

Deleted User 7077

I'm glad your enjoying it .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:08 pm Yes I was out this afternoon enjoying the good weather too. The more I ride this new Forza the more I realise what a little gem of a scooter it is.
Hope you took your mobile phone :twisted:

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Meldrew wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:36 am
Scootypuff snr wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:08 am
Meldrew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:08 pm Yes I was out this afternoon enjoying the good weather too. The more I ride this new Forza the more I realise what a little gem of a scooter it is.
Hope you took your mobile phone :twisted:
I did, apart from it's primary functions if Mrs M is curious about my whereabouts she can find my location using an app. Another reason to take it is that now that I have the tracker installed on the Forza I can log on and have a colour satellite photo of it's exact location wherever I've parked it, and where I am in relation to it. There's advantages to being a twat with mobile phone. :|
And some of that statement is so accurate

Deleted User 7077

There's even an emogie for mobile phone users . icon_icon_twat.gif icon_icon_twat.gif

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Bern wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:58 am

Morning Liam, trust all is well in your part of the world bud thumb.gif I still have the 'Honda Happy' albeit on an Innova (Alan's got the SilverWing) it's bloody brilliant :D except for needing a more comfortable saddle which is very much along the lines of old British 'iron' = Bloody Sore Arse :roll: :lol:

Almost on topic ;)
Hi Bern. Good thanks. Yes, I heard Alan had a big scoot again. He's having a top box and givi plate off me, that was his originally. I'll give him the little brackets you gave me a few years ago, If I can find them. I can't remember what the Silverwing rack is like but we should be able to fix it on somehow. I've been using my daelim 125 for short journeys. Good fun, B Bone Grin! but like yours , it can be a pain. Especially over speed bumps n pot holes. My mk2Tmax is still the main mode of transport as my car has been recquisitioned by my son. Rachel sends her regards.
Smilie :D to keep Uncle Julian happy!

Deleted User 7077

It's all about the grin

rock-on.gif rock-on.gif