The Burgman Grin it's real

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

The Burgman Grin it's real

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I'm not sure if it came in from the USA or that guy in Norfolk who died started it .Can't remember his name Meldrew will know .Thursday wife is put in morning so car gone and it's easier to get the Burgman out .So bit of sun and I was off .I even keep helmet under seat to save faffing so once all 3 locks are off and cover taken off I'm away .After all this looking at 125 's no not happening like the Burgman 400 .Only went few miles get it up to temp and give battery a boost .Anyway the grin is back yeh baby :lol: :lol:

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: The Burgman Grin it's real

Post by rayb »

Think I might have an SH300 grin this afternoon. :)

Deleted User 7077

Wife's back now blocked me in .Let me know about tea and cake meet without cake for me.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 am
Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:20 am I'm not sure if it came in from the USA or that guy in Norfolk who died started it .Can't remember his name Meldrew will know.
All this Burgman Grin, 'get the Burgman grin', 'he's or you've got the Burgman grin' nonsense are predictably overused phrases from over the Pond courtesy of the burgmanusa forum. In my six years of Burgman ownership I had the odd lurk on there but was never tempted to join. As much as I enjoyed my years of Burgman ownership, I never felt the need to ride round grinning like a Cheshire cat either. Nowadays after many years of Silver Wing ownership my interest in having another Burgman is zilch.

To quote Monsieur Hercule Poirot, l had to use "my leetle grey cells" here. That guy in Norfolk who died was actually from Essex, he was a retired ex-RAF pilot and we knew him on here for a while as Henry C. Then he went off and started Burgman Riders UK as an offshoot of the Burgman Riders USA forum. He died a few years ago in 2013, whether his legacy is still functioning as a forum for Bargeman riders I've no idea.
Good sleuthing, Meldrew.I'd employ you to find out what some of my, frankly insane, ex girlfriends are doing now ... except they insist on staying in touch and telling me, far, far too frequently! :lol:

Again, it's a case of diff'rent strokes f'r diff'rent folks. What causes someone else to grin, causes the next person to grimace. Personally I'm quite happy that folks are restoring and riding their '70s Suzuki 380 triples, whereas I would wake up in a cold sweat if I even dreamed unintentionally about owning one again ... and it's been nearly 40 years since I did! :lol:

Deleted User 7077

That's him Henry C .Thanks Bud ;) ;)

I don't get on with ex military people very well due to my total lack of discipline usually upsets them .

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Went to Cheltenham today but not grinning, rained on way home got to clean it now!

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I went for a blast. There was a quick shower just before I set off but it was dry all the way.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Nowadays after many years of Silver Wing ownership my interest in having another Burgman is zilch...
Hmmm......
I owned a SW and found it to be thirsty, temperamental and clunky...
My Burgman is a much better bike. In my opinion.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Meldrew wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:40 pm
Stibbs wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:20 pm
Nowadays after many years of Silver Wing ownership my interest in having another Burgman is zilch...
Hmmm......
I owned a SW and found it to be thirsty, temperamental and clunky...
My Burgman is a much better bike. In my opinion.
I suppose you might have if you'd had an early model which had a thirsty reputation. Silver Wings evolved over the years from the thirsty early models with or without ABS and painted glovebox covers, to a more fuel efficient model with O2 sensor, matt black glovebox covers, and other Honda tweaks. I kept mine for almost 8 years and it was neither thirsty, temperamental, or clunky.
Yes you’re correct. It was an older one although newish when I bought it.
However my ‘15 Burger is a great all rounder for my use.
Horses for courses and all that. Stay safe and enjoy the ride whatever you own 8-)

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

And Charles C was from Lowestoft if I remember correctly.
I never found anything to grin about with my 400K8, it was too bloody heavy.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70