The Burgman Grin it's real

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: The Burgman Grin it's real

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Now to ride a REAL scooter that takes proper skill and balls .

Deleted User 7077

Dressing up is optional .As we speak hardcore Vcb members are rebuilding their vespa engines for the journey to Hungary not knowing if they will make it there and back .Luckily there are usually vespa mechanics in the Vespa village for any major repairs .Majority will be on gts few on mp3 and x10 .

Bern

Post by Bern »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:14 am Dressing up is optional .As we speak hardcore Vcb members are rebuilding their vespa engines for the journey to Hungary
wearing their 'special' designer overalls no doubt bud ;) (search Amazon for Vespa Scooter HARDCORE if you feel the need to own one :shock: ) ............

Deleted User 7077

No is talk of yellow ones tho

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Liam wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:04 pm
Jimo wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:49 am Possibly....
My first experience of CVT in 1990 gave me a grin for about 5 minutes, beyond that I came to realise that using such a machine takes away all skills needed to ride a REAL motorcycle with the sole exception of balance, kind of makes me cry for the past never mind smiling for an automatic future using what has become known as Twist & Go.

Jim
Not sure what skills are taken away by riding an auto.. Maybe you've been riding the wrong auto.. looking at the list of machines below your name, I think you have!
REAL motorcycle ! I always chortle when I hear that :lol:
Chortle away ladie
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Bern

Post by Bern »

Jimo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:29 am
Liam wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:04 pm
Jimo wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:49 am Possibly....
My first experience of CVT in 1990 gave me a grin for about 5 minutes, beyond that I came to realise that using such a machine takes away all skills needed to ride a REAL motorcycle with the sole exception of balance, kind of makes me cry for the past never mind smiling for an automatic future using what has become known as Twist & Go.

Jim
Not sure what skills are taken away by riding an auto.. Maybe you've been riding the wrong auto.. looking at the list of machines below your name, I think you have!
REAL motorcycle ! I always chortle when I hear that :lol:
Chortle away ladie
Ahh you gotta forgive the yoof's Jim, few have riden bikes with the brake on the left & gears on the right, from back in the day when bikes had proper compression, manual ignition advance & kick starts bud

That said I do appreciate the ease of use & reliability of modern machines, that said if there's an offer of a go on your S8 .........

Deleted User 7077

As this is the burgman grin thread if going off topic can you please add a smiley face emogi to posts :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

Bern

Post by Bern »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:11 am As this is the burgman grin thread if going off topic can you please add a smiley face emogi to posts :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

Sorry boss :kiss: :D

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Ahh you gotta forgive the yoof's Jim, few have riden bikes with the brake on the left & gears on the right, from back in the day when bikes had proper compression, manual ignition advance & kick starts bud

That said I do appreciate the ease of use & reliability of modern machines, that said if there's an offer of a go on your S8 .........
Not to mention the exhaust lifter which if handled incorrectly could give one a very painful leg from the recoil.
Bern - I’ll pm you re a ride on the S8 when the weather gets a bit better and warmer.

Jim
Last edited by capitano on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken quote
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 7077

Was it really that great in the old days .Even valve lifters are automatic and we have electric start plus a massive 12 volts .You can buy a maxi scooter with as much weather protection and storage as a full on touring bike with panniers and weighs 100kg less and third of the price and even have electric screen now .Thy don't know thys born thy doesn't . :lol: :lol: