TMax recall

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: TMax recall

Post by muddyfox »

Agree with bugsy regarding Mr Grumpy's patience. On a slightly different topic , but still raising concerns over Yamaha's current quality control, a mate has a 2017 X Max 125. It's already had warped front disc relplaced under warranty and is now currently in its third week awaiting replacement warped rear disc coupled with new rear wheel bearings and a cracked rear swing arm. Unlike Mr Grumpy this mate has no second scooter and has been told as he is on a provisional license there is no viable loan scooter. He's keeping all his bus tickets in the hope of a refund.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Mr. Grumpy should be taking legal action on this and rejecting the machine outright. Liability under English law lies with the dealer that sold a machine which is not fit for purpose and although Yamaha are clearly at fault I'm afraid it is the dealer you must take action against. Get proper legal advice without any further delay.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

roadster wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:13 am Mr. Grumpy should be taking legal action on this and rejecting the machine outright. Liability under English law lies with the dealer that sold a machine which is not fit for purpose and although Yamaha are clearly at fault I'm afraid it is the dealer you must take action against. Get proper legal advice without any further delay.
Totally agree.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I too would not have it back safety wise, with no idea being given what is being done etc.

It goes in for drive train warrenty work then 35/40 miles later !!! grinds to a could of been very nasty big time siezed halt down there.

Such a major failure and then dark and mysterious long winded no info goings on etc.

I too don`t know how Mr G has been coping over this, truly dreadful treatment allround.

And Yamama don`t seem interested or bothered in the least.

You would think on something as bad as this they would of made a point themselves of getting in touch with him and going extra miles etc !!!